PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-24-2011, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Ken and Billy,

That is excellent news. Waiting patiently like a 5 year old to see Billy's cover....

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I'm thinking about the CM on the moment of re-entry with a glowing heat shield and the earth in the back.. open for suggestions
Old 12-24-2011, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Another option: just a few minutes before your suggested scene, when the CM just has separated from the SM, which still is visible in the near distance. Perhaps something with the CM using its thrusters for re-entry alignment. (The fiery re-entry scene is impressive but also something I have seen depicted so often already..)
I know the cover will be great anyway.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Here are 2 pictures of the Interior redesign version 3.0.

Things to note:

1. The shape and angle of the main control panel has changed.
2. The lower-forward equipment bays are properly set back - showing the overhang of the control panel.
3. The white area on the right lower-forward bay shows the future location of the side equipment panels (approximately 3 inches inboard).
4. The door on the right has been relocated and narrowed up; more like the real thing. Not perfect, but I cheated a little here and there - and I'm OK with it now.

It's never going to be perfect, but my intention is to produce a CM that is far and away more accurate and complete than anything out there to date. You guys are helping in this effort more than you know.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm26-001.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm26-002.jpg  
Old 12-24-2011, 02:22 PM
POTW Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
Another option: just a few minutes before your suggested scene, when the CM just has separated from the SM, which still is visible in the near distance. Perhaps something with the CM using its thrusters for re-entry alignment. (The fiery re-entry scene is impressive but also something I have seen depicted so often already..)
I know the cover will be great anyway.
Yep, cool, I'm looking for a place in time where the CM is on it's own, and where it was impossible to photograph the scene
Google Adsense
Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 PM
POTW Editor

Is there a picture of the 'lonely' SM anywhere?
Old 12-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
The Apollo 13 pic? Thats the only one I know of...
Old 12-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
The only ones in space are the vague Apollo 13 pics, as far as I know. But, albeit grounded, here's a view on the top part of the CM:

Perhaps this might fit together with another in-space picture of an Apollo CSM with the capsule 'shopped out..
Old 12-24-2011, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Ken,
Every time you post it looks better and better. I know you don't want to tear out another interior, but you didn't mention anything about the lower equipment bay. I don't know if you think this isn't significant or if your only planning on changing the final, but I'm certain it's too close to the center. Moving it out should solve at least three issues. 1) It would elongate the LH and RH forward equipment bays (which still seem somewhat squat). 2) It would increase the size of the triangular exposure of the pressure hull (which appears to be in danger of disappearing with the movement of the left and right equipment bay walls). 3) Correct the angle of the telescope and sextant panel, which I think is close to parallel with the hull.

The second image shows just how far that triangular area extends (in this case to the left), and that the wall of the side equipment bays are close to even with the 'top' of the side windows.
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm26-002a.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-f60803x.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-f60902x.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 12-25-2011, 01:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 500.68 MB
I had read that all of the Apollo craft were unique and not all interior design the same. Some varied due to mission duration and supplies needed. I do believe that all of the interior walls were in the same position, but I just want to point out that we should be careful about looking a images from different missions, and be careful with images that were not Apollo 11, which I believe Ken said was the focus on this model.

Ron
Google Adsense