PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-27-2011, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks guys!

Today, I worked on placing the fuel cell indicators, and switch safety covers onto the main control panel. I know you've seen this movie before, but you can now see it inside a much more detailed and complete crew compartment.

Stay tuned - it will get even busier fairly quickly!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm31-001.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm31-002.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm31-003.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm31-004.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm31-005.jpg  

Old 12-28-2011, 05:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Amazing how quickly the interior 'comes together' again, after all your re-starts, Ken! I like the 8-balls, particularly!

Could I be so bold as to suggest (for a later/production version ...) that a section of an entry pattern scroll should be included on the EMS (Entry Monitor System) screen i.e. the small blank white screen above the left-hand 8-ball. Images below refer.

Totally over the top, I know, but for reference I have also included 2 images of different, complete scroll patterns from the Apollo Ops Handbook that includes changes from October 1969, so probably applicable to Apollo 12, but very unlikely to be much different from Apollo 11! Use the simple version, or choose a section from one of the scrolls to display, if you like ...... or despair at the geekiness of some of the posters here ...... like me.
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-ems.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-ems_b.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-ems-lunar-3500nm-range-limit-pattern.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-ems-non-exit-range-limit-pattern.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernoullis View Post
Amazing how quickly the interior 'comes together' again, after all your re-starts, Ken! I like the 8-balls, particularly!

Could I be so bold as to suggest (for a later/production version ...) that a section of an entry pattern scroll should be included on the EMS (Entry Monitor System) screen i.e. the small blank white screen above the left-hand 8-ball. Images below refer.

Will do. An easy addition. Thanks!

Ken
Old 12-28-2011, 07:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
And since we got geeky you could advice in the instructions to cut the the main console in three different parts to portrait the gaps between centre and side pieces. ;-)
This is looking really good Ken, the safety covers and eight balls look very convincing and the overall appearance is right on the money. Looking forward seeing your final solution for the fingerguards too.

Tappi
Old 12-29-2011, 05:29 PM

I was able to move the needle today. I redesigned the 2 bays that you see in the following pictures.

As expected, the triangular patches have disappeared from the corners. But once the lower equipment bay is offset from the centerline of the CM by .25 inches, the triangles will reappear. (in the complete redesign that will follow this prototype.)

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm32-001.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm32-002.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm32-003.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
GREAT work!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:15 PM

More progress today...

I tried to get a snapshot through the hatch, but the camera wouldn't focus inside the CM. Oh well, you can still get an idea of what you will see when looking through the hatch opening.

No finger guards and switches since this is not the final version, and time is precious!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo command module - 1:12-cm33-001.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm33-002.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm33-003.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm33-004.jpg   Apollo command module - 1:12-cm33-005.jpg  

Old 12-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
DANG! Where do is the calculator button?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Those sidepanels and cabinets really tie everything together really fine. Great progress Ken. Looking forward your next updates.

Tappi
Old 12-30-2011, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Ken,

Forgive me if I missed this...but are these the actual colors you'll use on the finished interior?

I'm asking because I kept thinking, "Something doesn't look right." When I looked at several pix of flown CMs, I realized what was bothering me. There seems to be rather more variation in colors and contrast that the model shows, e.g., this photo of the Apollo 10 CM interior: http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...0-interior.jpg

To my eye, the "walls" look almost a duck egg blue shade, and the panels seem to be a darker gray than on the model.

Am I just seeing things? The details on your model are extraordinary. Just wondering about the colors....

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum & ex-NASA flack)
Google Adsense