PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Ken,

I'm in!

Bring it on... I'm looking forward to this!

Mike
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Well, I screwed it up in my first post but now I am even more sure this will be the preeminent model Apollo Capsule (period).
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 72.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
And finally: I envision this to be the project that could put paper/card modeling in the light it deserves. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but what we really need is a project that is so INSANELY bold (like the Moon Missions themselves), that every "plastic" modeler on the planet will have to consider the hobby.

Are you with me??
Thats not arrogant, That is a brilliant plan! I cant wait to see this come together.
I would like to re-iterate paper Kosmonaut's thought, to be universally accepted get it into pdf format. If when you finally get to that point if you need help with that let me know.

If you want those plastic guys to consider it. putting it in a format that opens by default on the most computers makes sense. Adobe reader is almost universal now.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltedfalcon View Post
Thats not arrogant, That is a brilliant plan! I cant wait to see this come together.
I would like to re-iterate paper Kosmonaut's thought, to be universally accepted get it into pdf format. If when you finally get to that point if you need help with that let me know.

If you want those plastic guys to consider it. putting it in a format that opens by default on the most computers makes sense. Adobe reader is almost universal now.
All of my models are released in PDF. Pepakura is a great tool for creating accurate flat patterns, but it is not a graphics program.

Ken
Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
That sounds and already looks utterly great, Ken. But I hope there will be a possibility to get it in a PDF format. too. Macs unfortunately cannot read Pepakura and I sometimes can get really frustrated about that...
Ken's final models always come in PDF's from Ecardmodels , I'm on a mac too..all the stuff Ken send me over the last years were PDF's, don't worry
Oops, I didn't see Ken's post, but that's what is said..
Google Adsense
Old 10-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Great project Ken and I'll be following this. Not knowing what your reference situation is I'd like to suggest Real Space Models Apollo Spacecraft set of plans. It's a multiple sheet (24x36 inch) set and presents both the Command and Service Modules and the Lunar Module (both exterior and interior details). Plus some parts of the Saturn V like LES. Drawings are drawn at scale 1/4" = 1'-0" (1/48?) by David Weeks and are of superior quality. Maybe you already are aware of these.

Drawings

BR Tappi
Old 10-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Count me in.I done several of Kens releases and never had any problems with them.This is going to be fun.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I really am looking forward to this. Ken, good luck with this tour de force. After seeing those fine moon men, I know this will be possible!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Great project Ken and I'll be following this. Not knowing what your reference situation is I'd like to suggest Real Space Models Apollo Spacecraft set of plans. It's a multiple sheet (24x36 inch) set and presents both the Command and Service Modules and the Lunar Module (both exterior and interior details). Plus some parts of the Saturn V like LES. Drawings are drawn at scale 1/4" = 1'-0" (1/48?) by David Weeks and are of superior quality. Maybe you already are aware of these.

Drawings

BR Tappi
I bought these drawings several years ago. Awesome drawings. I only use them for overall dim's because I hate to wrinkle them or smudge them. They are framable works of art in their own right. You really need a large reference table to really use them. I highly recommend these drawings! Not cheap though...

Ken
Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 PM

yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy! awesome!!!!!!
Google Adsense