PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Wow, sems that there is no issue in wich this forum can help it's members. Thumbs up to Mike and Ken, take your time. Good to hear things are sorting out.

BR Tappi
Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
Here is an update:

Sorry for not posting sooner, but here is what is going on. My son is graduating from HS this spring, so the wife is going nuts with the house work. Stripping wallpaper, repairing and painting... several rooms. Problem is; I'm doing all the work!

My son has also signed up for the BlueCoats Drum Corp for the second summer. And he has also been accepted into the University of Michigan School of Music, so we have been busy with that (mostly my wife). Lots of weekend car time on the road.

I go to work to get a break!

But, the Command Module is still very much on my mind, and it WILL get completed. Here is another element in play here. Several months ago, I went to the eye doctor and bought 2 new prescripted glasses. One week later, my eyes went blurry, so I returned, got an updated prescription and new glasses. The doctor couldn't explain the different prescription, but agreed to reorder the glasses at no expense to me. One week later, eyes are blurry again... but I can't go back for a third time. I have been walking around with blurry vision ever since.

My personal explanation is that spending 20 hours on the weekends, and even more during the weeknights, on my paper projects are probably the culprit... so I am kind of glad that the house work is taking me away from the work table for awhile. My eyes are not getting worse since I backed away from the work table, so I need to go back to the eye doctor.

The CM will get done.. just a little delay.

Thanks for your patience.

Ken

Make sure you go to an Ophthalmologist, not an Optometrist. I would get this checked out immediately. I have a Vitreous tug on my left eye which sometimes cause a spectrum fortification. This conditions means that I have to see a doctor of Ophthalmology ever 2 years, at the most. You should have your eyes thoroghly examined by an Ophthalmologist and not take any chances. Your eyes should adjust to wrong prescription glasses (when you take them off and put on you previous pair) in 10 or 20 seconds. There are so many things that could cause that blurry vision, it can't be put off. See a Doctor of Ophthalmology, not an Optometrist, as soon as humanly possible.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 PM

judging by all the other post about "the wife",.. I would bet that we were all married to the same wife! hahahah,..
Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
judging by all the other post about "the wife",.. I would bet that we were all married to the same wife! hahahah,..
Marriage is wonderful if you find Ms. Right. Just make sure her first name isn't "Always...."

(Friendly Airplane Asylum & ex-NASA flack)
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
I just looked up the condition Mike spoke about (exophthalmos), and it refers to an over-active thyroid. BUT, under-active also causes blurred vision.

So, I will definitely be asking some questions at the next doctor visit.

Keep you posted!
Hi Ken,

I'm on .125mcg, had to have the iodine 131 treatment (1996) for Graves Disease.

When you first start taking the meds, they can really mess with you! Big Time!

Mike
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking on the forum from time to time, but really nothing new to report until now.

My recent blood tests show that my thyroid levels have stabilized within the limits considered "normal". That means I can go get a fresh prescription for my eyes, and get back in the action.

Thanks for being patient.. progress to continue soon.

Ken
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Great to hear you're back at it!!!

Mike
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
And there was much celebrating in the streets!!

Welcome back, Ken!
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Stay well, Great to see you around again

John
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Take it easy, Ken...your health is more important than anything else, as far as I am concerned, so whenever you feel ready and up to working on this project, that's fine, for the most part we are a patient bunch...but thanks for the update, and hope you feel better real soon.

Cheers!
Jim