PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-13-2020, 02:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
and I though I was crazy, the detail you're pouring in on your model is staggering, to say the least sir!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk3y3 View Post
Not sure what this component is named, but added wire and hoses. Will add ammonia lines following final assembly.
that part is technically known as the Aft Avionics Tray, which connects S-0 to the modules for power and cooling (via the ammonia tubes), but it's more popularly known as the "Rat's Nest", due to it and its bundles of wires, tubes and cables bearing resemblance to an actual rat's nest
Old 09-14-2020, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.42 MB
S0 Truss End Frames

I was uncertain how I wanted to assemble the end frames between the truss modules. My initial thought was to use corrugated cardboard from a shipping box laminated between the frames. In the end, I settled on a piece of 120 lb card stock and laminated the frames to it. It is quite stiff and appears to work well.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_0731.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0732.jpg  
Old 09-14-2020, 01:52 PM

Major Truss Assembly

All of the frames have been installed in the major truss assembly. The end frames for S1 and P1 will be installed just before the S1 and S3 modules. I need to ensure they line up well.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_0736.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0737.jpg  
Old 09-17-2020, 07:12 PM

Truss Assembly

A little closer to completing this section of the truss assembly. I want to add wires and cables to the internal structure before I enclose it. I have to make a lot of hand rails also. I am happy with the progress.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_0743.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0744.jpg  
Old 09-20-2020, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Looking good hawk3y3.

Hans, have you realised that you started this thread over 12 years ago? I've just started to print my 2nd build 1/100 scale.

Alfonso, do you plan on added the new modules when launched from Russia and Axiom?
Old 09-22-2020, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
Looking good hawk3y3.

Hans, have you realised that you started this thread over 12 years ago? I've just started to print my 2nd build 1/100 scale.

Alfonso, do you plan on added the new modules when launched from Russia and Axiom?
I'm super pleased and amazed this thread has been trucking for that long and counting sir Paul just goes to show how impressive sir Alfonso's biggest project really is and how much interest it has generated over the more than a decade since he started releasing components of his model

I believe sir Alfonso's gonna take care of those new modules as well later on, as well as the rest of the supply vehicles that have launched recently, like the rest of the HTVs, Cargo Dragon and Cygnus (save for the Crew Dragon and Starship, which he has already released)... he's much busier at these times as I believe he's also at work as a medical frontliner fighting this damned pandemic...
Old 09-25-2020, 11:39 AM

Truss Assembly

A little more work completed on the truss assembly. I glued the back of the P1 truss module on. I am happy with how well it lined up. I added some of the many hand grips along the top and bottom of the truss.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_0755.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0751.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0753.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0754.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0750.jpg  

Old 09-25-2020, 11:41 AM

P1 Truss Radiator

The radiator assembly is attached using a 1/2" PEX tubing installed in a 1/2" PVC connector. This is a snug fix and works extremely well.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_0756.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0757.jpg  
Old 09-25-2020, 12:05 PM

P3 Truss

Started some work on the P3 Truss module. The outer part has been printed and is in the clamp after laminating a second layer of cardstock to the backside.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_0760.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0761.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_0762.jpg  
Old 10-30-2020, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Wow, its seriously been a year since I touched this project. Seeing Hans's and Hawk3y's amazing progress has awakened my competitive jealously long enough to knock out a quick side project while the work-bench stuff has kept me busy.

Here's HTV-5, and holy cow this craft is a big ship. You'd laugh if I showed you my browser history on how many times I had to check the scale to be sure that I didn't print it wrong. I added grab rails and placed some nuts inside for the future-proofed magnetic arms and JEM structure. I wanted to add the 90 or so RCS thrusters, but gave up when I realized I was working in 1:100 not my usual 1:25 scale. hah Like I said, big craft.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-img_1309-1-.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_1310-1-.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-img_1311-1-.jpg