PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-28-2009, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
STS-127 has been released. Go check it out and finish your Kibo for your ISS. Turned out great!
SSM-2007:http://space-shuttle-mission.com
Old 07-29-2009, 04:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Nice piece of work well done to Mr. A again and I would suppose you too Spaceboy for test building it?

I managed to see the actual ET separation happen here over Ireland. I was signing out of work to see if Endeavour had launched and saw the live feed of the SSME & Booster ignition. I made my way home and 18 or so mins later when I reach the house I saw a beautiful bright star separate into a very bright Orange and white pair of stars. Really cool piece of work.

John John
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Again a nice model to add to the build.

I watched the launch on NASAtv and live on nasaspaceflight.com, when the time was right I rushed outside to see it fly over head, but it was cloudy over here in Sheffield. Very disapointed not to see the tank, but I have seen the shuttle and the ISS fly over in the past. Maybe next time.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.01 GB
I've been lucky and caught the ISS+STS-127 flyover each of the last three nights, big and bright. Last night was exceptional as STS-127 had separated from the ISS a few hours before and was leading it in orbit by about a minute, not quite as bright but still highly visible even here in light-polluted Escondido. :-)
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM

Thumbs up ISS Overhead

I got up at 6:27 a few mornings ago to watch the ISS/shuttle fly overhead. 3 whole minutes worth, with three GIANT flashes from the PVAs. I had never seen such a flash before, I must have been right in the middle of the reflected path.

Alfonso's JEF looks fantastic too, and I can't wait to get onto it. I'm going to make the ELM in 1:100 as well. I think I'm right that scaling the 1:144 parts onto an A3 sheet at 149% size works out to be 1:100. Can anyone comment on that?

I'm still working on the SSRMS which has proved to be more time consuming than I had at first thought it would be. Once again, of course, I am modifying the design as I go along... that probably explains it. :P I've reduced the diameter of the arms, modified the hinge mechanisms, beefing them up, and pushed the development of the brass-insert grapple system. I'll post some pics tonight.
Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
For working out scales I use the program from here Scale calculators by Rato Marczak

Good little program.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Alfonso's JEF looks fantastic too, and I can't wait to get onto it. I'm going to make the ELM in 1:100 as well. I think I'm right that scaling the 1:144 parts onto an A3 sheet at 149% size works out to be 1:100. Can anyone comment on that?

Doesnt the kit come as 1:100 anyway?

John John
Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Of course it comes in 1:100 just like all the other ISS models. But only permanent ISS pieces come in 1:100. The JEF was the only piece for this payload to come in 1:100 because it was the only piece to stay at the station. The ICC-VLD and ELM-ES are latched in the payload Bay of Endeavour as we speak. As seen in photo here from yesterday.
NASA - The Way Home
Hope to see some nice build photos of everyone's finished Kibo!
SSM-2007:http://space-shuttle-mission.com
Old 07-30-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy7441 View Post
Of course it comes in 1:100 just like all the other ISS models. But only permanent ISS pieces come in 1:100. The JEF was the only piece for this payload to come in 1:100 because it was the only piece to stay at the station. The ICC-VLD and ELM-ES are latched in the payload Bay of Endeavour as we speak. As seen in photo here from yesterday.
NASA - The Way Home
Hope to see some nice build photos of everyone's finished Kibo!

Oh OK i get it now sorry

John John
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Nice to see this thread going on for its First Year tomorrow, Saturday 1 August.

I think we can commemorate its birthday party with a set of photos of the models from AXM/Fortezza (maybe just 1 or 2) for each of the PASA crazies out there. Starting tomorrow, we can review "The Year in Pictures" for this thread. Just a thought.

Also, it's just a few months now that the Space Shuttle Program to come to an end. Jee, I remember to saw the 2nd flight of Columbia on TV in Juarez, Mexico (from an El Paso Texas TV station), and... recording the event on a cassette recorder!! Now I'm planning my trip to Florida to see one of the last. A great option would be to see Mexican/American astronauts Danny Olivas & Jose Hernandez lift-off.
Google Adsense