PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you all for the kind words. Luckily, it's slightly out of focus or you would all see how sloppy a lot of this build really is. I'm still learning. Each assembly seems to be getting better. Of course, with kits like the S0 truss section from sir Alfonso, they have to get better. That's one kit so well designed, the only expression I have for it is from my plastic kit days: "You just shake the box, and the kit assembles itself." Not only does the kit fit together well, it's also the strongest and most rigid assembly I've come across.

Currently working on: ISS
Old 01-15-2009, 10:54 PM

A few more pictures. I just completed the MBS (STS-111) and Canadarm2 (STS-100). I had to glue the MTS to the S0 Truss. The added weight of the MBS & SSRMS made it all fall off when I tried to go for a friction fit.
BTW, Sir Alfonso says P1 and S1 truss sections will be available within a couple of weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-100_1518.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-100_1523.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-100_1524.jpg  

Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Hi Lee,

Your MBS and Canadarm 2 look great. Indeed, the weight of the arm will make the whole thing fall off from the S0. The photos I posted on my website on my STS-111 page show the MT, MBS and Canadarm2 not glued to S0 but attached. The trick is the position of the arm. If the arm is in an horizontal position, it will fall off. If you put the arm upwards it will stay. The tabs that I designed to be glued on the back of the Mobile Transporter need to fit tightly on the railing area of S0 truss.
As I'm typing this message I want to let you know that the draft models for S1 and P1 are done. Now, I have to build all these models in both scales for my webpage.
Patience, an extra week please.

Alfonso
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
As I'm typing this message I want to let you know that the draft models for S1 and P1 are done. Now, I have to build all these models in both scales for my webpage.
Patience, an extra week please.

Alfonso
I wait with baited breath (and I haven't even had any sushi lately:D). I guess I need to go brush my teeth while I'm waiting and start on Sir Avery's ARES I beta model.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
GUYS!!!

The first of sir Alfonso's twin truss releases are now in!!!

STS-112

STS-113

These two payload files are included in a single package, with the instruction manuals available at the site

Get them while HOT!!!
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM

On my way.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM

I just downloaded the P1 & S1 from AXM, and I picked up the P6 truss while at it. Sir Alfonso's P6 seems easier to build than Dr Fortezza's P6 from the Mars Center site.
My problem now is do I break off the solar arrays from the Zarya Module and rebuild them folded, or just start all over? If I start over, I might just wait until Sir Alfonso releases his version of the Russian section. I think Dr Fortezza designed some really nice kits. I even used some of the recessed docking port detail from his Unity Node on Alfonso's Harmony Node. I'm just hooked on how well Alfonso's kits fit together. Of course when I first started building the MARS Center kits, I was just beginning modeling with paper. Who knows, I may just end up being one of those guys that build every configuration of the space station. No, I think not. That would be at least 25 separate configurations, with the final one being about 1 meter wide X 1.25 meters long X 0.5 meter high (including solar arrays, radiators, and vertically oriented modules: Node 3, MLM, MRM1 & 2, and the various visiting spacecraft).

Old 02-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
Your build would be one of those builds that anyone should look out for!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 AM

I think I am going to start over, just build the US, Euro, and Japanese sections until Sir Alfonso comes out with the Russian section. This time I won't try to connect it all at once. I'll probably wait until all the various modules and truss assemblies are complete, then take it all to the Kansas Cosmosphere and assemble it there. One reason I decided to start over is that the PMAs in the MARS Center kits just don't have the correct profile. I don't know how to disassemble around the PMAs without causing a great amount of damage to Unity, Zarya, and Harmony.
I'd also like to update some of the docking hatches on Zarya (printed flat) with some of the similar hatches from Zvezda (proper conical shape) which was developed later. I'll wait on the AXM version of these to compare.
I do like a lot of the detail Dr Fortezza has on his other kits, though. I especially like the recessed hatches on Unity and the detail parts for Destiny and Quest. I'll probably do a little kitbashing between the MARS Center and AXM modules, where applicable. The MARS Center kits are nicely done, especially when you consider that they're free. The Russian modules are not exactly the easiest builds, though. I tried them as a raw beginner and had a heck of a time getting everything to line up. I hope it will be a little easier the second time around. I also hope that Sir Alfonso produces these with the same quality as the S0 truss.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Hi to the group,

Finally it's a reality. The link below is the Media Release about a project I joined with CSIRO organization from Australia. They have become the first in the world to release a model of the ISS for kids... and AXM was there.

http://www.csiro.au/news/Paper-model...e-Station.html

I will ask the group to help promote this news to your local schools. Now kids 10 years or older can enjoy our hobby by making this simple model.

Alfonso
Google Adsense