PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-28-2011, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
I was watching the NASA feed on C-SPAN during the launch and it showed some chunks coming off. It did not seem very serious, glad it turned out so.

I wonder if there is any video shot from space of a shuttle launch. That would look good. The ISS is between 173 mi (278 km) and 286 mi (460 km) high.
Don't know about that, but they do have shots from the ISS of the launch of the Ariane 5 carrying ATV-Johannes Kepler.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.07 MB
Hey Guyīs. I have finished the next modul of the ISS. Unity from Fortezza in 1:100, with the doors from AXM. (sorry, but i donīt have the complete model from AXM ) Unity is docking to Zarya and Zvezda. Z1 & PMA comming soon. The last step is the Space Shuttle. Hope You like it. greetings spacewalker
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-unity1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-unity2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zarya-unity1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zarya-unity2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-zvezda-zarya-unity.jpg  

Old 03-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Enjoying your build very, very much, Spacewalker!

Thanks for posting photos of your latest work.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Thank you Jim. There is a little problem with the PMAīs on Fortezzaīs Unity. They have different diameter at the dockring. But i think its o.k.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Indeed. I had no trouble assembling Raimondo Fortezza's PMA parts, but I have been completely and totally unable to build a solid PMA using Alfonso's design. I must have tried at least 6 times, and all 6 have been dismal failures.

I think the issue with the (more accurate) PMAs of Alfonso, is that they actually DO displace the docking ring from the center of the node, whereas Raimondo's do not.

I think I may actually carve a piece of balsa wood into the shape of the proper PMA, and then glue the paper to it. Or something like that.

My assessment of the PMAs is that they need to be about as strong as concrete, in order to prevent one collapsing when the model is assembled.

I have always gone to extreme pains to make my parts extremely strong, with such silly modifications as:

and

and

and

and my experimental Magnetic Docking system:

You can see all my mods at Index of /iss-paper-model
Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.99 MB
I built Alfonso's PMAs just out of Cardstock (No special strengthening modifications) in a large 1-48 scale, yet the link between Zarya and Unity is still sturdy enough. It broke once (In an easily repairable way), but that was my fault <__________________<
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 AM

The Fortezza model itself is ok, it's also stable enough in 1:100. But what I mean is the Fortezza's Dockring is 3mm larger than Alfonso's model. The Dockring of Alfonso's Zarya module lies completely in Dockring of Unity. Actually, the two would still be the same size. or not?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:54 AM

Hello Everybody. Here is the next update for my ISS model. Z1 & PMA3 are docking on Unity. At the backside of the Z1 have i buildt the insulation from scratch. Hope you like it.

greetings spacewalker

P.S.: The instructions from Fortezza are "§$$%%&&&///§$%§"
Itīs time for a bottle of Kilkenny, a famous Irish Beer.
hope this help me to come down
Attached Thumbnails
The International Space Station Thread-unity-z1_1.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-unity-z1_2.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-unity-z1_3.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-unity-z1_4.jpg   The International Space Station Thread-unity-z1_5.jpg  

Old 03-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Like it? I LOVE it!

Really outstanding work!

Thanks for sharing photos of your work, they are marvelous!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Thankīs for honor! I donīt now wehn i do the Spaceshuttle, to complete the assemble. The instructions from Fortezza makes me crazy. I need a break to buildt two models for my Son. He is a great fan of spaceflight.

greetings from germany, spacewalker