PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Small bits and pieces. And now tired eyes. maybe due to prolonged exposure to microscopic details, maybe because this night daylight saving time started (one more hour of sleep but an unfortunate rhythm got me out one hour early..)
Anyway, what's the score? yesterday I was on a flow and was too lazy to get the camera. I made the struts and wheels so the helicopter can stand on its own feet now. the camber of the wheels here is still a bit too much, I straightened them later. The struts were made from brass (the forked parts) and aluminium (the bigger rod). painted afterwards with one of those very undistinguishable looking army colours (enamel, this time) The tail boom was made in a whiffy, as was the tail itself. The tail rotor housing is from balsa, since I thought those tiny cone-shaped structures would be too much to cut out and try and fold. Easier to use some proto-paper.
the tail light is made from another silicone ball I painted with transparent red.
Today I did the tail rotor itself, I edge glued the rotor blades to the + -shaped part. I even could set the blades in an angle this way. I have made the winch (yes, there's a 'cable' sticking out, there will be a horse collar-shaped rescue thing (what's the actual name?) on the end.
The main rotor blades are ready for further construction and there is
a frame for the winch. That's for tomorrow or the day after. For now, it has been enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-35.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-36.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-37.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-38.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-39.jpg  

Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-40.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-41.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-42.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-43.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
You continue to astound and amaze!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.90 MB

Hi PK

Amazingly good building. Red lights ....

Merzo

Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
Today I did the tail rotor itself, I edge glued the rotor blades to the + -shaped part. I even could set the blades in an angle this way. I have made the winch (yes, there's a 'cable' sticking out, there will be a horse collar-shaped rescue thing (what's the actual name?) on the end.
Way cool looking!! Love all the marvelous details!

I believe the collar is called a "cinch rescue collar", but I could be wrong...

Spectacular work, and looking forward to more, as usual...

Cheers!
Jim
Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the kind words - and the info on the collar.
I have almost finished the build now. Pictures will follow later today. The tail rotor is on, still being able to spin, just by blowing. I really like that I managed to get that done with just glueing the rotorblades in an angle to the center part. The winch is done but has to be put on the helo yet. The main rotors are assembled (lots of parts!) and were reinforced with CA. I yet have to drill a little hole in the center for attachment to the axle that spins in the brass tube I placed inside the hull.

And then, of course, there will be Gus. Good old Gus, trying to keep his head out of the water. That's the last part. And then it is onward to the next project. Of which I still have to ponder and muse a bit.

As said, pictures will follow later.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
And then it is onward to the next project. Of which I still have to ponder and muse a bit.
Ok, here's an idea for you... why not take U-Don's LM, shrink it down to your insanely small scale, and do a diorama of Apollo 11's landing?

Sorry... the thought of shrinking that model is cruel. Not a kind thing to do to a fellow modeler! ;-) Just messing with you!

Mike
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Haha! Tranquillity Base is on my to-do list, Mike, albeit not in 1/400. Knowing U-Don's LM from my 1/96 Wet orbital Workshop build, I know I might be able to beat the downscaling barrier to say, 200. ish.
I'll take some pictures now of the finished Sea Horse, Gus will follow tomorrow. I hope I get good pics, it's dark here already.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:37 PM

As I already expected, the light isn't that good any more and with flash it all becomes a bit flat and all.
However, I have made some pictures, tomorrow there will be more. And better ones. I made some pictures on which you can see proof of the rotors being able to spin. The tail rotor pic isn't in focus but you can see the rotor is working. Further you can see the load master is holding the winch cable.

As said, Gus is added to the diorama tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-44.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-45.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-46.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-47.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-48.jpg  

Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-49.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-50.jpg   Liberty Bell 7, Gus, Hunt Club and the Atlantic - 1/96-sea-horse-51.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
Pk thats AWESOME.....I LOVE it
Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Oh, that's brilliant...and then you see the actual size of that very detailed bird sitting in your humungous mitt!

Just so very awesome, can't wait to see it all together with the capsule and the sea scape!

Cheers!
Jim
Google Adsense