PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to mandainf
Smile Atlantis Space Shuttle Model

Hi friends..this is my first post at paper Modelers.. really it a nice platform to share ur project.

Today i m sharing my space shuttle model. so friends see it and promote it.. i have many idea and i will show u more. i looking for some sponsorship.

I can make any type model, scale model, working model and semi working model.

i m working on fuel tank and rocket booster.. so will show u soon. guys can u help to find any sponsor or any one wanna buy this model.. so it will help in my next project. my next target is future plan which is design by me..
Attached Thumbnails
Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1090-2-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1099-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1100-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1101-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1102-.jpg  

Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1104-2-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1105-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1106-.jpg   Atlantis Space Shuttle Model-sam_1109-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
That's a nice model, VERY nice workmanship, but I DO see a few problems...

The OAMS pods (bumps on either side of the rudder) are shaped wrong, the nozzles of the OAMS engines are VERY oversize, the wings are curved upwards (the wings are not curved up on the real shuttle) and the nose isn't shaped correctly.

Also, on a model this scale, I'd suggest that if the payload bay doors are going to be "openable" that the interior of the payload bay should be detailed accurately. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to have the payload bay doors open at all...

Nice work, but you might want to get more detailed scale data, especially if you want to actually sell the model...

Good luck! OL JR
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Although I have to join Luke in his comments, I have to say I like the cleanness of the build. It's a very nice and shiny build. Its appearance and the lack of accuracy gives me the impression it looks more like a toy than a real space model but the result and its size are nonetheless admirable.
There are some really good (free) designs of shuttles around on the web, perhaps you could try and use them for more references to build in that enormous scale.
I like to see with what you will come up next.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Although it was recommended you post this here instead of the Aircraft forum, you probably should have also been warned the rivet-counters will eat you for breakfast.

As for sponsorship, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking there, do you want someone to sponsor with cash to pay for your hobby? All I can say is good luck with that, you'd be better off trying to sell your designs or fully built models, but having recently parted with a model that took me 3-4 years to build, I doubt I could do it again. Did it take long to make? Could you reproduce it and maybe try selling a copy of it? Even try selling it as a kit or something, but that's not an area I'm an expert on when it comes to licenses and copyrights etc so I'll leave that topic alone before I get shot down by the rivet-counters myself.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 11-08-2011, 01:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to mandainf
Smile space shuttle

hi

thanks for ur suggestions. yeah i m looking for a sponsor, who pay can pay for my hobby.. this is my first model.. and have some mistakes. so in next project i will try to do my best.. so keep support me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffro View Post
Although it was recommended you post this here instead of the Aircraft forum, you probably should have also been warned the rivet-counters will eat you for breakfast.

As for sponsorship, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking there, do you want someone to sponsor with cash to pay for your hobby? All I can say is good luck with that, you'd be better off trying to sell your designs or fully built models, but having recently parted with a model that took me 3-4 years to build, I doubt I could do it again. Did it take long to make? Could you reproduce it and maybe try selling a copy of it? Even try selling it as a kit or something, but that's not an area I'm an expert on when it comes to licenses and copyrights etc so I'll leave that topic alone before I get shot down by the rivet-counters myself.
Google Adsense
Old 11-08-2011, 04:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
If you're interested in selling models, and you can produce then as online models (designed in a computer and downloadable as .pdf's), you can try selling them through ecardmodels.com.

Watch out though, nit pickers can get pretty rabid

Last edited by murphyaa; 11-08-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandainf View Post
hi

thanks for ur suggestions. yeah i m looking for a sponsor, who pay can pay for my hobby.. this is my first model.. and have some mistakes. so in next project i will try to do my best.. so keep support me.
Well that's an awful lot you ask. Most of us, if not all of us, just do this for fun. To get someone who wants to pay for your hobby, either you have to become very very good or you must be able to make things no one else makes so you could earn some money yourself with the things you make..
I do not think it works the other way around.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandainf View Post
hi

Welcome aboard! It's great to have new additions to the family, especially ones who are brave enough to try and design paper models. I've been building them for quite a long time but have yet to take the plunge in designing a model yet, so I applaud your desire and drive.

You have some very knowledgable folks on this forum, quite a few who are designers of paper models themselves, who are very happy to provide constructive criticism on any of your projects, and I like your willingness to listen and perhaps learn from their experience.

As to monetary gain from this hobby, I don't really know how lucrative designing and selling models might be for the vast majority of the designers on this forum, although I image it may be more worthwhile for some than others, but that is obvoiusly dependant upon what type and quality of model they create. Some models are very popular and do well while others not so much. I'm not aware of any arrangements where a beginner designer is "sponsored" by anyone, although I have heard of commission work every once and awhile, but that is usually where someone wants a particular designer to tackle a new design project for a model that is desired by the benefactor...not too sure how prevalent that is, but I have heard of it from time to time.

I would very respectfully suggest you continue to hone your designing skills, and if you want to try your hand at selling models that you design, then consider what type of model might be desired by others (you can get some good ideas by browsing the various build and design threads), but never loose the drive and desire to design paper models, as your first attempt certainly shows you have a talent that, perhaps, might provide you someday with a source for some "hobby money."

I look forward to seeing your work in the future, and wish you the very best!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM

That's well put, Jim. Eloquent.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
That's well put, Jim. Eloquent.
Why, thank you, PK...that was very nice of you to say.

Cheers!
Jim
Google Adsense

Tags
atlantis model