PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Tax time! Death and Taxes, for some, the only guarantees in life. I have another guarantee (hopefully), but at least it's free.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Tax time! Death and Taxes, for some, the only guarantees in life. I have another guarantee (hopefully), but at least it's free.
Code lingo huh? Call me the code breaker.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by closet astronaut View Post
Code lingo huh? Call me the code breaker.
Give unto Ceasar, you know.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Just checking if more progress was made on this fascinating project? It was looking like a great model.

Cheers from Texas
Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Missed this one! Great project! Did it get finished?

nando, did you finish yours? Is there a build thread on it? Great looking project and detail! Would like to see more.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post

nando, did you finish yours? Is there a build thread on it? ...

Mike
Mike, as I said "The result is no bad compared with the real thing, but is an endless work that discouraged me" and the original project evolved it self in the another that You can see in my signature.
In this picture It's evident from the comparison that my effort to reproduce the shingles was not so good and I am more confident in projects that I'm sure to complete.

It's frustrating to start something that You cannot finish, and I love small scales.

About the shingles. In this post of the Ken's Lunar Rover thread, it is shown a metod to reproduce engraved grooves that could be used in the bigger scale, but at 1/24 scale it's nearly impossible, at least for my skill.

I hope this answers to your questions.

Best, Nando
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini - 1:12-geminihatchcomparison.jpg  
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 343.62 MB
Yes, Ken's Lunar Rover thread did give me several ideas on how to get the shingles done. The other part about how to remove the shell like Ken did for the Apollo is a little trickier, but I may have a solution. It still continues. I have been working up several ideas on how to present this so that the details will be a match for Ken's Apollo (a very hard act to follow).

My full time job that I was working at stopped and we were given choices on where to go. I decided to stay and go through extensive training for another project on the grounds (stay until I found something better suited to my skills). Then came the "Affordable Care Act". Did I say affordable? Now over half my paycheck is gone and not a penny for medical. I have three more months before the bank decides on foreclosing on the house.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspacemike View Post
Yes, Ken's Lunar Rover thread did give me several ideas on how to get the shingles done. The other part about how to remove the shell like Ken did for the Apollo is a little trickier, but I may have a solution. It still continues. I have been working up several ideas on how to present this so that the details will be a match for Ken's Apollo (a very hard act to follow).

My full time job that I was working at stopped and we were given choices on where to go. I decided to stay and go through extensive training for another project on the grounds (stay until I found something better suited to my skills). Then came the "Affordable Care Act". Did I say affordable? Now over half my paycheck is gone and not a penny for medical. I have three more months before the bank decides on foreclosing on the house.
Sorry, to hear of your present issues.

Model making/designing helped me get through my un-employed days a couple of years ago. I'm making 25% less money than I was, and with the increase in my health insurance, I'm now having to look for different work to make ends meet.

Good luck to you!

Mike
Old 02-25-2014, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
MSpace,

I too am very sorry to hear of your situation. I hope it gets better soon for you, and you are able to sell your house before foreclosure hits.

Modelling certainly becomes a non-priority.

Best wishes.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.89 MB
excellent job
Google Adsense

Tags
gemini, pressure vessel