PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-03-2015, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Apollo Flickr archive

Don't know if you guys saw this yet or not, but file it under "Treasure trove"....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/
Google Adsense
Old 10-03-2015, 10:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Don't know if you guys saw this yet or not, but file it under "Treasure trove"....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/
Treasure trove indeed! Awesome find! There are some extremely cool pics in there that I didn't even know existed! Definitely bookmarking this one.

Thanks!
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 10-23-2015, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
The original Project Apollo Archive website has been around and available to all for many, many years (started February 1999) and is curated by Kipp Teague. It seems that Kipp has decided to add the photos to a new 'platform' on Flickr - see details here.

The Archive images have been extensively used within the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, an amazing body of work put together by Dr Eric Jones, with the help of many of the original Apollo astronauts. There have also been contributions by various space experts and enthusiasts (I am proud to count myself amongst the latter!).

David Woods, a video editor at BBC Scotland has also been steadily expanding the ALSJ's sister site, the Apollo Flight Journal. David has written, amongst others, one of the most interesting books about the Apollo missions, 'How Apollo Flew To The Moon'. Now in it's second edition, this book covers the how of the moon missions, where most other Apollo books deal with the who/where/when - I can highly recommend it to all space enthusiasts!

[Please note: Other than my amateur contributions to both the ALSJ and AFJ, I have no commercial connections with any of the above websites or the book. I am merely highlighting their existence to those that might be interested! ]
Old 10-24-2015, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
Outstanding! I'm really struck by the appearance of the LM. It looks so fragile and flimsy. Almost cobbled together. I'd always read that it was thin and fragile, but in these photos it looks like a prop from a middle-school play - there are literally pieces of tape holding parts together. The wrinkles, creases & visible seams are all things I try so hard to avoid when building paper models. I cannot imagine what the test-pilot Astronauts thought when they first saw this craft.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Thank you for sharing these treasures!!
Google Adsense