PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
It's a foil covered paper I bought at Epedex. I doesn't take ink at all so any details you have just improvise. And, if you aren't super careful glue tabs will show through. I already have some foil that I plan on using on my next model, but I'm thinking of trying some of the foil paper that [email protected] used on his Hubble model (talk about an awsome looking model!) that paper is supposed to take pigment based(?) inks.

Isaac Asimov
Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 134.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post
Oh, and Michael: I'm trying to find someone with a large-scale plotter to print the plan and parts out on to poster paper. I think that's the only way that one can be totally sure that the thing is printed at the proper scale, and that all the parts are the same size, and on a single sheet.

If you know of anyone in the engineering world who has access to a large-scale plotter, that's the way to go, and I sure as heck want to hear about it!! LOL
Actually, I think I talked to Staples about that at one time, and they can do it but it costs a fortune in color and they can't do it on card stock.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I called both Staples and Office Depot, and neither of the people I talked to in their "copy shop" even knew what card stock or a plotter was. I had to explain it to them. Disappointing, really. It would have to be a place that does real printing or engineering blueprints, with a plotter that can handle card stock. I wonder if a Kinko's could do it? I know of an engineering graphics place back in my old hometown in Georgia, so next time I'm home visiting the family, I think I'll drop by and ask them.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.01 MB
Mechanic,

That is hands down the best model of Surfduke's CSM I've EVER seen (Professionally developed display models included). It looks so solid that it should weigh 5 pounds. Just outstanding.

When Carl first talked about designing this model, he was playing with various exterior textures. I told him not to worry, that all you guys in the Real Space card modeling community would use their imaginations to really make the model special anyway...and you have. I never thought it could look so good.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
custom print services

I don't know if he can do just what you need, but my son, Tim Wasson, operates hobbypod.net , a gamers print on demand site located in Houston, TX . He does color laser and large plotter printing and I know he goes at least 65# card. I am sure he would consider your projects. Tell him Pa sent you.

Armchair aka Glen Wasson

Last edited by Armchair; 10-12-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Google Adsense