PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
yes I really like his graphics too, which is why I was very disappointed when he just seemed to stop right in the middle of designing what sounded like some great models. I realize there are other Saturn Vs out there, but I wanted to build the Delta7 one, as his instructions for the Gemini and Mercury were so great. Made it seem simple.

Man, this is making want to go back and build more of his stuff. I always meant to try my hand at a Gemini with both doors open. Maybe its time to try it...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.36 MB
He adds a launch vehicle for every spacecraft, too - you should see the Titan III/MOL booster, if you don't have it.

I am still on the learning curve on paper models, and I have finally gotten to the point where I think I can build a spacecraft without embarassing myself.

Now I can go back and start from the beginning, with Alan Shepard's capsule (being careful not to cut the retro pack straps off!) and launch vehicle, on up through the last Gemini flight, then the Blue Gemini stuff. This is going to take me years.

Why don't you write him and ask him about the Saturn V?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:45 AM

I did a few times, back when Dan still was sending out updates. Then the updates stopped. Now if you go to the site, there isnt even an email address link! You can still order stuff off the website, but you cant email them with questions.

Its a bit odd, really. Thats one of the reasons I was curious to know if there was some kinda story to whats going on. Its almost like Dan has washed his hands of the hobby entirely, and sold the website to someone else. The site is maintained, but it doesnt change or grow.

Last edited by avro202; 09-24-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 AM

And dont worry about embarassing yourself. We all have different levels of comfort and competency. I could never hope to reach the level of most of the guys around here...but then again I dont want to. I am happy to build on a "Fiddlers Green" level; thats what is fun for me.

Just keep on going and if it ever turns out to be too much work and not enough fun, put it aside.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwlf3 View Post
Why don't you write him and ask him about the Saturn V?
I traded emails with him back in June, his response was:

"I'm still planning to release the Apollo series but progress has been slow. I don't even have a proposed date at this time. Other work and models that I have contracted to design for other companies have been eating up my time.
Thanks again for your interest. Hopefully we can get Apollo up soon."

I'm still holding out hope, you know when he does release it, it will be spectacular.

BTW, his contact IS still on the site whare it's always been, at the bottom of the customer gallery.

Isaac Asimov
Google Adsense
Old 09-24-2008, 01:01 PM

Well I stand corrected! Thats good news.

There is still hope for the Apollo series, then. OK; I'll keep waiting...its not like I dont have too few other models to build as it is. I've barley scratched the surface of the Gemini CD.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:08 PM

The Gemini might be my favorite - when I was a kid the Gemini was the "latest thing" - I had a 1/24 scale Revell plastic Gemini (that I hope somebody reissues sometime). The cool thing about the Delta studios Gemini is that it's 1/24, too, so you don't have to deal with too many little tiny parts.

I have often wondered about that both doors open splashdown Gemini, like if you could maybe bash it together with a full body Gemini and have an "in orbit" Gemini model with two open doors.

Good news on the Apollo - I'll have to keep watching the site and see when it comes out. I would like to see his Saturn V as well.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:12 PM

Speaking of interiors...I remember, back when Dan was still sending out updates, that he had hinted that he was designing an interior for the Mercury capsule. Now that would be Kool!

However, that was probably 3-4 years ago. Still, if the Apollo program isnt dead, then maybe the Mercury interior isnt either.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avro202 View Post
Speaking of interiors...I remember, back when Dan was still sending out updates, that he had hinted that he was designing an interior for the Mercury capsule. Now that would be Kool!

However, that was probably 3-4 years ago. Still, if the Apollo program isnt dead, then maybe the Mercury interior isnt either.
I have thought about scratch building an interior for the Mercury, but I usually just take an aspirin and lie down until the feeling goes away.

Check this out:

Old 09-24-2008, 04:44 PM

Google Adsense