PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.08 MB
1:144 scale Enterprise (1979 stack configuration)

Greetings, all! This is my first thread... if I do something wrong, please let me know...

I am mainly a sci-fi fan, but I found this site: axmpaperspacescalemodels.com

Y'all have heard of it before, I'm sure. I just finished reading a thread supporting its evolution from back in 2008. Anyway, it is a fantastic site, and as soon as I get familiar with the models, I am going to get some of the premium stuff. But I decided, since I am a Star Trek fan, to begin with the Enterprise shuttle. (I'll have some pics up, soon.) Unfortunately, I have already run into an issue, and I had to scrap part of my build... If you have ever built one of these wonderful models, you know you have to download the "general parts" .pdf to assemble a shuttle. Well, I made the mistake of having THAT pdf printed at a different print-shop than the shuttle files, and I didn't ask that they turn the scaling off, so the sub-structure was too big for the skins, and like an idiot I started gluing first and asking questions later... too anxious to get started, I think. So in a few days I will have my new parts. In the mean-time, I will be building the accessories and the liquid and solid fuel rockets... I got the MLP, too! It is gonna rock when it's done!!! In the mean-time, if any of you have any expirience with these wonderful models, I would appreciate any good advice. And I will post some pics in a few days. Thank-you for looking!
Google Adsense
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Cadeus,

Welcome to P.A.S.A
Nice idea, making all enterprises maybe ?
You will see, i haven't wrote a lot of comments here but i daily check the forum, so enjoy building, enjoy the great P.A.S.A community, and let us enjoy your builds

Bye bye ^^
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Welcome. I didn't dive in that deep on my first models. One nice thing about this hobby is that if something doesn't go right, you can print off another page.

Now we need you to do a few more posts so that you can post pictures.

Ask questions and have fun
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.98 GB
This will be interesting. A shuttle build, Simple, but with different geometric shapes. Fan of Star Trek too.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
cadeus,

Welcome aboard!

I admire your willingness to dive right in. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I've printed off one of Alfonso's Discovery builds, but haven't gotten around to building it. For about two years...

I'm also a big Trek fan. I'm currently working on the bridge of the TOS Enterprise for my eldest son, who is also a big Trek fan. It should be a nice surprise, I hope.

Enjoy your time here. It's populated with a bunch of great folks who constantly inspire me, help me, and make me a better modeler.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hi Cadeus, welcome to the forum and this little section of all things (real)space and papery.
The AXM shuttles are actually relatively easy to build. The parts are very logically made and easy to fold into the good shape. A tip: try and colour the edges of the paper parts you cut out in the relative colour. (grey for the chines, blackish for the belly, tail and backside. It will make the model look better when the white paper edges are camouflaged.

The version you make actually is even more simple to build because you make the shuttle with its payload bay doors closed. Keep in mind the way the Enterprise looked when she was rolled out with the ET and booster set. It yet had not that black 'eye liner' around its windows which made her look a little moody (a condition I can perfectly understand when you first were promised you'd go into space but then was denied all flight after a couple of free glides).

Don't be afraid to ask anything when you get stuck. here are no stupid questions. Good luck and have fun with the build!

PS. Printed sheets in a print shop are made with ink toner. This powdery stuff sometimes has a tendency to deteriorate and kind of "flake" after some time. Better print it with an inkjet. At least, that's what I think.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Agreed.Ink jet is the way to go,on a project like this.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoo View Post
Hello Cadeus,

Welcome to P.A.S.A
Nice idea, making all enterprises maybe ?
You will see, i haven't wrote a lot of comments here but i daily check the forum, so enjoy building, enjoy the great P.A.S.A community, and let us enjoy your builds

Bye bye ^^
Thank-you! Yes, I am building ALL the Enterprises, but not like you may think... I am currently in the process of scratch-building the Enterprise-C at 1:350 scale (in resin, not paper). I have a build thread for that at therpf.com. I was just lucky enough to find the shuttle in paper-craft, so... BONUS! (I love paper-craft)... This is a great site. I am already enjoying the community!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVikes View Post
cadeus,

Welcome aboard!

I admire your willingness to dive right in. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I've printed off one of Alfonso's Discovery builds, but haven't gotten around to building it. For about two years...

I'm also a big Trek fan. I'm currently working on the bridge of the TOS Enterprise for my eldest son, who is also a big Trek fan. It should be a nice surprise, I hope.

Enjoy your time here. It's populated with a bunch of great folks who constantly inspire me, help me, and make me a better modeler.

Mike
Thank-you! I am not really diving in... I have used pepakura, before, to build a 1:1 scale iron-man helmet, and I have also built a buzz light-year and a storm-trooper helmet. I tried to build the gunstar, but that beautiful beast is a real monster! I will come back to it, later down the road... Is the bridge you are building the paper model? I just picked that one up, recently. I can't wait to get to it. (It would be nice if they came out with the refit and maybe even the TNG bridges, as well). Thanks, again!

And thank-you, PaperKosmonaut and eagleclaw4935... I just got my return in, so maybe I will invest in a good ink-jet printer. (Sorry to squeeze y'all into this post, but I didn't want to anoy anyone with to many quotes. )
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Yes, the bridge model is Ron Caudillo's paper model. It's an impressive piece of work. Ron did a great job.
Google Adsense