PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
V-2 in America

Here's a display I whipped up over the last few weeks to commemorate the beginnings of the Space Age in the United States. The Army and Navy collaborated to launch dozens of captured V-2s for scientific studies from 1946 to 1952.

The black-and-yellow model (Round No. 3) is a 1/72 plastic model. I enlarged Niels Jahn Knudsen's Bumper-WAC (first Cape Canaveral launch) and Round No. 59 ("Buy Bonds") to that scale as well. I substituted plastic rod for some of the smaller structures for a better scale effect.

Overall, a fun build from the time when the U.S. took its "first small steps" into space!

Les (The Voice of Authority)
Attached Thumbnails
V-2 in America-v2-1.jpg   V-2 in America-v2-2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.03 GB
Very nice display!

I have the middle V-2 printed out, waiting for time to build it. Did you encounter any issues in rescaling (appearance, graphics, etc.) the paper models to the larger size?

Thanks, erik
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
Very nice display!

I have the middle V-2 printed out, waiting for time to build it. Did you encounter any issues in rescaling (appearance, graphics, etc.) the paper models to the larger size?

Thanks, erik
No question the graphics are not as sharp at the larger scale. In a couple places, I used a fine tip Sharpie to clean them up. Makes a good 3-footer (1 meter-er? )

Les (The Voice of Authority)