PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
To Merzo and PK,

I'm following your thread very closely. This one is definitively a great one and I'm eager to see the final product.
I am attaching 2 pics of my old (very old) MIR in 1:200 I made long time ago. I still have it but as you can see the colors have faded away. I no longer have the original files I used to design this one. But next year I'll make my own version.
Don't know what configuration you're planning, but I think the addition of the US docking module would be nice for your model.

I have been away from my designs lately due to office work, but I'm planning to come back soon.
Congrats again you guys. Keep it up.
Surprise us!!
Attached Thumbnails
PK and Merzo build MIR!-axmoldmir1200.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-axmoldmir1200a.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hi Yogi and Alfonso, Nice to see you here!
Before we started the thread or even the building, Merzo and I have exchanged images, 3D renderings, wire models and ideas for weeks. Actually the credit for that effort goes especially to Merzo. His knowledge of Cyrillic came in very handy in this project, he came up with all kinds of otherwise hard to find Russian websites and imagery of the station. But all ideas and suggestions sure are welcome! Thanks!
My version will be the one that STS-71 encountered. So, not the full station as we all know it but still without the Priroda module, Kvant 2 on top, Spektr facing downward and Kristall in the direction of flight on the forward facing port to accommodate Atlantis with a docking without messing up the solar arrays. Merzo will be adding Buran but he yet has to tell in what configuration the station will be. I guess completed.

Alfonso, I am very curious of what you will make of Mir. You already have all the basic parts, apart from Kvant 1. Keep us all posted!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 AM

Driving myself a little crazy by attempting to add handrails. Just for giggles.
It is fun to see it kind of works out right, though. Perhaps Yogi's right and I should try and fit on an electron microscope for glasses..
Attached Thumbnails
PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040582.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040584.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040588.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040590.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040591.jpg  

PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040592.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040593.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040594.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040596.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040598.jpg  

Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.90 MB

Hi Pk

This is a great ...
Awfully small metal work ....

congratulation

Quant make one scratch.

Quant.pdf

If made ​​final image result.

Merzo

Old 12-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.90 MB

Good afternoon

Today we had a little time to build.

The dock bodybuilding magnetic elements

These magnets will be held together with the finished model

Yesterday I scratching Quant-1 diagram
Built up

After searching a lot a lot a few pictures of the real space station. The colors are not always real? Maybe the old movies?

Museum records

Created their own concept.

Here we are ..

Next to detail.
The two lattice mast and solar panels Wiring difficult question.

greeting
Merzo

Google Adsense
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM

That actually looks very much like the real thing, Zoli. I never knew up until recently the back end of Kvant-1 was an open framework wrapped in a protective blanket.
I think I'll use your template as a base for my 25% version. It looks good!
The magnet seem to work good, I see. How about getting the modules loose? No tearing of the paper?
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Slow progress, because of a very tight schedule concerning filming the documentary I am working on. Everything goes well and the material is very promising. But it unfortunately also means I have less time to build Mir.
the short daylight time also is not a great help. I cannot work with just lamp light, I need a bit of daylight on my work.

However, enough about that, I made Kvant-1. It is small, and yet unfinished in in the detailing department, but it is there.
I also tried and managed to drill a hole through the thin brass tube I use as a core for the station. I inserted a rod through it to mount both Kvant-2 and Spektr on. the forward pointing part of the tube will hold Kristall and Atlantis.
Attached Thumbnails
PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040669.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040671.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040674.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040679.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040680.jpg  

PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040682.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040683.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040685.jpg  
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM

And on we go.
Detailing and some colouring on Kvant-1, adding the rods for the PVA's, and some work on a better fitting between the base block and Kvant-1. Up next: the docking node.
Attached Thumbnails
PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040694.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040696.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040697.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040698.jpg   PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040701.jpg  

PK and Merzo build MIR!-p1040703.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
PK, I gotta know... Where did you find a two foot long exatco knife?!? And your hands... Do you suffer from gigantism?
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Need a word: Tiny, beautiful, precise ... aha - jewel-like!

I spend a lot of time agonizing over how to capture the look of a model subject while minimizing the parts count/complexity/difficulty/&etc. Nice to know you two are not having to deal with those tradeoffs ...

Yogi (is it still a "model" when it gets this real?)
Google Adsense