PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-23-2014, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
DAVID,
Thanks, the long haul truckin' continues.

HI ALL,

With all the small parts for the trucks to cut out, this could take a while. So I will interupt the truck build from time to time with the finishing of the wiring. Bur for now, more Space truckin'.

Photo#1, Organizing parts for the four Truck Bearing Housings.

Photo #2, The parts for one Bearing Housing.

Photo #3, Major componants cut and ready for bending.

Photo #4, I think this dosen't look so complicated, but the Bearing Housing is the most complicated folding sequence of the build so far. This sub assembly has only two major componants, but the cutting and folding and glueing took all day.

Photo #5, Starting with the cutting of the surface detail.

Photo #6, Surface detail applied.

Photo #7, Outside Bearing Housing mounted to the center structure.

The crawler has four corner Trucks, with one Bearing Housing on each side of Center Structure. Eight in all. So we've got some time then. All total, two days for each one of these.

More later. Thanks for watching!
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1656.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1657.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1658.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1659.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1672.jpg  

Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1674.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-img_1675.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hi Rich,

, great job with the lot of truck details, I'm excited, keep it up, my little trucker!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 PM

Truck you Manfred!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 309.19 MB
Rich,
Great job.....you must be seeing them in your sleep!

Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all
Just thought I would say Hi… I have just ordered my crawler kit from Cyana and can’t wait for it to get here! In my excitement I came across your blog and read it from start to finish, partly to see what I was getting myself into! I have never attempted a project like this before other than building models while studying Architecture, but it does appeal to my no compromise attention to detail! I have started to build Cyana free tower swing arm in order to practice some of the techniques, and my gosh is it delicate, however with a bit of patience I am really impressed with the results so far and I have learnt quite a bit on what I find difficult and need to practice!
It was funny reading through your thread regarding the lighting as I came across your youtube video beforehand and as you started talking about the lighting ideas I wondered if you had come across the same vid, but low and behold it was you!
Anyway keep up the good work (and drive careful!)
Keith
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2014, 12:01 PM

KEITH,

Thanks for looking at my video and at the build log here. I'm glad you like it.

When you get into the building the kit, you will find some parts that are just ridicoulesly small. I have started a new build of the same Crawler, but this one is 1/72 scale and is scratch built out of styrene. To save whats left of my sight.

I live in the Puget Sound area of the NW, and with the insane amount of rain and humidity, I am having real problems with the card model not warpping and delaminating. So I decided to rebuild with a more stable material, and at a size I can see.

I do have a start of build posts at other model sites that deal with p*****c model building. If your interested I'll mention the sites and you can see a styrene build there.

So this build has slowed to a minimum for now, untill I can get cought up with the other build. I am using the card kit as a dress rehursal for the 1/72 build. Working out the challenges before I commit to styrene.

I hope you post some of your build and please ask any questions you like, maybe I can help with answers.

Thanks Keith...........RichO
Old 04-15-2014, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I would definitely be keen to follow your build in the other medium...if this kit was ever available as a download (I can't justify the current cost for a kit I would just be using as the plans for an upsize), I would also be upsizing it in that medium...
Old 04-15-2014, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
I'd be interested in your plastic model thread, too! No reason to hide it because it's another medium...
Old 04-16-2014, 04:00 PM

OK you guys, if you're interested in following the new build, you can go to: nasaspaceflight.com and look in the model building forum. Also I am at brittmodeler.com in the sci/fi & real space forums. Look for the 1/72 Crawler build, and I have the same avitar photo you know it's me. Thanks you guys!!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello Rich,

I stay tuned buddy, wherever you want to escape!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Google Adsense