PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 05-20-2013, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Holy crap! Lights? Wow...didn't see that coming. Good on you, Rich. Can't wait to see how this'll turn out....
Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM

Great work! Perhaps you could set the led's behind a much smaller hole to help with the scale...
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
Chris,

I tryed to use LED's but they were way to big, even the smallest I could get at Radioshack was just to large to work with. So the light fibers were the only choise. I am trying to chase down smaller fibers tho, I did hear of smaller diameter fibers 0.02 mm or something, I'm still resurching this tho. I'll let you guys know what i come up with. Thanks

RichO 114
Old 05-21-2013, 10:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
I would imagine that those pipes add some serious structural strength to the overall model. Is that what you have found?
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 PM

GIDEON,

The crawler frame was a little on the lose side till I added the pipe chords. Once these parts were added the whole frame became very stiff and ridged. I can now see that this kit can hold quite a bit of weight, This is a good thing, the MLP and LUT will have a certain amount of weight to them I'm sure. Not to mention that I want to do some things to the kit that will add more weight.

It feels good and solid at this point and I'm still working on it.

Thanks, RichO 114
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM

So Guys,

More photos of the build.

Photo #1, parts for corner "B"

Photo #2, corner "B" all cleaned up

Photo #3 shows corner "B" under construction. This photo shows some of the open areas that need to be filled with floor grates. I'm really not happy with the material I have for the walkway grates.

I tryed useing a screen mesh for the floor grates, and the screen really looks good, it's just way to large for this scale. So I can't proceed untill this roadblock is worked out. At a stand still for the moment.

Photo #4, all four corners cut out and ready for assembly.

I'll post more when I get through the grateing delema, happy building for now.

RichO 114
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0024.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0031.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0030.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0032.jpg  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Just got mine, 144/499, awesome to look at and too much to start building. Maybe I'll just watch as you go along and will surely learn something. Keep up the good work.

Papermate
Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Hey All,

It's been a couple a weeks and my flooring and lighting material is starting to trickle in from email orders. So let me show what I've been up to while I've been waiting.

These first few photos are of the outrigger area that needed to have floor grates installed. So the first photo is the area that needs floor grates, next is the raw material rough cut and not painted. The next photo is with the floor grates painted and installed.

The next photo is a box of floor filters and radiators.

This next series is a build of the radiators and fan motors. First, parts, and a few photos under construction. All the fans and filters and floor grates are stainless 40 mesh screens. The back side of the filters and fans are brass screens to add a little contrast.

The photo of the little fan motor on a penny. This little peace is 6mm x 7mm small and has 35 parts to build!!!

The lighting products are starting to arrive also and the next post will have lighting so keep watching folks!!

RichO 114/499
Attached Thumbnails
Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0051.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0050.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0061.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0060.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0053.jpg  

Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0054.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0057.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0055.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0058.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0056.jpg  

Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0063.jpg   Building Micro Artwork's Saturn V Crawler-pict0062.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
good progress

Old 06-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Richo

Your work on this project looks exceptional and first rate...Hat's off to you and Gene for attempting such a complicated kit. I'm curious as to where you sourced out the mesh and the brass screens for this part of the build. It looks great. Can't believe how something as small as that fan motor has that many parts!

Steve
Google Adsense