PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-22-2014, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Thanks Rich for your nice words, but I don't need Crack.

The only drug I'm a slave to is Real space modeling, especially at such a small scale, which gives me the special kick and that's enough challenge so far.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-01-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Hello folks,

today I once tried the transparent template and started the "piercing" for the support brackets on the LH2 TSM. In order to position the template exactly as possible next to the pipe bundle, I have them cut on one side about 1 mm from the pre-punctured row of holes.

In order to reasonably safe handling, I had to put the TSM in a proven way flat and clamping the holding arbor in my special mount and additional support at the left end.

Then I first pre-punctured the outer base point for the lower support bracket 3 mm above the TSM bottom and fixed the template on one side with a steel wire (0.3 mm). After alignment of the template then the outer base point for the last upper support bracket was pre-punctured and also fixed with a steel wire.
In this position, I then carefully pre-punctured the remaining base points, so as not to slip.

And this hole pattern was the result,

and so roughly, I had imagined the procedure, although a little tricky, but doable.

Then came the LOX TSM to the series. This has on the outside also a ladder with center strut, only the free space here is fortunately somewhat larger.

Otherwise the procedure is the same, so first marking the base points and then pre-puncture the holes with applied template.

And here the first six of the nine support brackets are temporarily plugged.

So far for today with the first piercing round.

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-01-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
MANFRED,

Great job on the placement of all these small support rungs! It makes me wonder where else you might have any piercings. LOL
Old 06-30-2014, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is just amazing!

Chris
Old 07-01-2014, 04:09 AM

Thanks Rich and Chris for your encouraging words, which give me new motivation to struggle with these elaborate details on.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:41 PM

Hello folks,

despite the hot k.o. matches at the Soccer World Cup that keep me pretty from building, I want to send a small sign of life from the TSM building site and show that it continues, albeit slowly.

After I started to insert the first six support brackets for the ladder on the outside of the LOX TSM, the missing three supports are now temporarily plugged that are not yet glued in order to test the ladder fit.

And with the ladder placed it actually looks quite good, I think.

Although the fit is still not precisely fixed, the distances between the support brackets agree quite well with the rungs, respectively, and that makes me hopeful for the final assembly after painting.

Speaking of paintwork, the guys in the paintshop but have actually made an operational break to let supposedly change the filters. Well, who's believed ... World Cup is only every four years.

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-01-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 309.19 MB
Light Bulbs...

Manfred,
I had thought that maybe they had to change one of the light bulbs ...I'm just watching your progress here from the background. Keep up the fantastic work! With everyone of your posts....I'm in awe. I've been modeling for over 50 years and I'm just truly amazed! Looking forward for it's completion.

Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Hello all together,

in order to bridge the time before the semi-final showdown against Brazil tonight, here a few quick pictures of the other ladder preparations. After I made the fitting of the ladder on the LOX TSM yesterday, here is the test on the LH2 TSM. For this, the support brackets were inserted into the pre-punctured holes again and their height balanced with the spacer profile.

And this ladder lies good so far on the support, as you can see.

So, now I must come to the ladders on the service-flap boxes, which are much less accessible for marking the holes of the supports with the help of my template. To place the template on the narrow boxes similar to the side faces,

I had to devise a suitable support for the TSM again. So I've made ​​two spacer blocks made ​​of balsa, a longer part that fits with height just below the box, and a second part as support on the TSM top. The lower side is as usual fixed by the holding mandrel clamped in the vise.

And so the TSM should then lie reasonably stable to apply the template and pre-puncture which each 12 holes for the support brackets, because a little pressure is necessary to apply when pre-puncturing the holes in the balsa core.

That is all for today.

And last not least, our Team Germany has made ​​history tonight and sensational sent home the host Brazil 7:1, unbelievable but true!!!

F I N A L

Thank you friends for the fingers crossed.

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-01-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettenutts View Post
Manfred,
I had thought that maybe they had to change one of the light bulbs ...I'm just watching your progress here from the background. Keep up the fantastic work! With everyone of your posts....I'm in awe. I've been modeling for over 50 years and I'm just truly amazed! Looking forward for it's completion.

Bill
Thanks Bill for your compliments and encouraging words. The work that you and other guys around have done on your models has been a great inspiration for me.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The detail on these parts is exceptional.