PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-22-2018, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Marcell,
that's how it could work with the crawler track chains.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 09-26-2018, 12:58 AM

Hello everybody,

today came the complained Set of 20-Flat Ori (FXD),

Source: shapeways.com (Crackerjazz)

which looks impeccable, and one can even see at all shoes the small holes in the treads.

Only the sticker on the bag makes me perplex, which displays the upright set,

Unlike the last Sets of 52-Flat Ori (FUD), which all had rough treads, the treads of this set are nicely smooth, as if they were not lying on the support wax, weird ...
But I don't care at all.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Maybe im wrong here. But those shoes look nice and clean to me. Im really looking forward to the finished product. Like I said earlier , no stone left unturned.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:54 AM

Thanks Ed for looking in on me again.

This set looks great, but not all the other sets, therfore I have to clean them.
The critical criterion is that the paint must keep on the surface, and that would be hampered by wax residuals.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Looks like build time is getting closer. Yay!!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:57 AM

Thanks Elliott,

yeah, it's high time that I come back to building, but you have still to be patient for a while, because I still have a promise to redeem.

Unfortunately one year ago, my best model-making friend Thomas (golgi863) has gone much too early from this world. May he rest in peace ...

Based on my model he was building the Launch Pad 39A for the first mission of the Discovery, STS-41D, and we were in constant and intensive exchange of experience since his project start in 2015 and still had many common plans ...

As a result, his wife and son had offered to me, whether I would take over the unfinished project because they could not do anything with it and also certainly could not complete it, which I have done heavy-heartedly.

Thus, I have decided to at least partially preserve his model heritage if I would integrate some of his assemblies into my Launch Pad, e.g. the already illuminated FSS platforms and the Hammerhead Crane, as well as the PE stairs for the tower, etc., in order to document his construction art visibly posthumously for everyone and in this way always keep an honorable memory in our Raumcon Forum.

One year ago, I took over my friend's Project estate and another construction site, this London Bus, which was to become a Christmas present for his wife, who having lived in London for a long time.

Source: revell.de

And since he had not finished with it last year, his wife asked me if I could not finish the bus, since allegedly only the outer decals (e.g. advertisement, bus line, etc.) would be missing, which of course I could not reject her.
And so I'm going to be busy for some time now, because not only a few decals are missing, but also all windows ...

Old 09-28-2018, 04:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Hello Manfred

Glad that you have almost navigated your way through the "Shapeways Labyrinth" (really admire your tenacity). Looking forward to when you are able to get back to your model.

Wish you every luck on completing the London Bus. A wonderfully honourable undertaking.

Regards

Kevin
Old 09-28-2018, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Condolences on the loss of your friend, but what a special opportunity to remember your friendship and shared projects. Friendship at that level is too rare a thing in this world. By the looks of his projects on Raumcon he was very skillful.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:02 PM

Thank you, my friends, for your sincere condolences and encouraging words.

Although the grief has gradually given way to a honorable commemoration, I have to think of him every day, when I sit down at my craft table and imagine how much he did like doing the same, about which we have always briskly exchanged and talked shop, whether in the forum directly or by PM, or even by e-mail and via Skype.

He always responded to my posts with interest and was excited about my progress, and vice versa.
Due to the close relationship between our two projects, we were in a close and intense exchange of ideas and experience, which pushed us again and again to new ideas, as well as to cool detail and problem solutions, which was great ...

Old 09-29-2018, 11:08 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Manfred.
I remember the loss of your dear friend Thomas. What a wonderful way to commemorate his life and passion for modeling. Certainly you must keep your promise to his wife. Will you be documenting the integration of his work into yours? I hope so. It will be like you have resumed building.