PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
This is beyond amazing!

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Old 02-26-2014, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 309.19 MB
Pad 39A

Manfred,
I can feel the love that you have for this build. Truly dedicated professional modeling skills unfolding before us here. Great work! The things that we love can also drive us crazy!

Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello together,

thanks guys for all the kind words! Your comments give me encouragement to keep pushing on. Thanks again guys for all the support!

@dhanners:
Actually, my thread does not belong over here, because it is always less paper and more and more other materials that I use. Sorry and forgive me!

@Rich:
Yep, the lighting chapter more and more evolving into a never ending story ...

@Corvettenutts:
Thanks Bill, you are right, this is like a drug, of which I am now almost dependent. And to make such a stuff every day, you have to be a little bit crazy, that's a fact ...

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-04-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:40 AM

And therefore I want to do on quickly before someone comes up with the straitjacket.

and here again a little addendum to the lighting tests in daylight, at

current 1,5 mA:

current 8 mA*:

current 1,5 mA:

current 8 mA*:

Only again to clarify, the lighting under the Blast Shields with the Pure White LEDs have always unchanged by flat battery (parallel connection), the Sunny White LEDs by current bank/power supply (series connection).

* At the specified current 8 mA at minimum position of the variable resistor is relativized to say that the ammeter was at the stop of the scale, the last value 6 mA was given. Consequently, the current was > 6 mA . Current 1.5 mA was measured at the maximum position of the variable resistor.

When measuring the current in Pure White-circuit the ammeter was also at the stop, the current was also > 6 mA.

This confirms once again the now generally known trend that you should go down with the current possible further by increasing the resistance because of light effect then looks more realistic.

Accordingly, you should definitely aspire to lower current levels by about 0.5 mA .

Old 02-27-2014, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.35 MB
Manfred,
This is AWESOME. You inspired me to build my own MLP(not nearly as good as yours). Keep up the good work
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2014, 02:34 PM

Thanks Konstantine for the nice words, I'm always happy when other guys like you, are inspired by my work.

How far are you with your MLP, have you some pictures?

Old 02-27-2014, 02:42 PM

Well, now the picture becomes more clearly in the direction of lower amperage, whereupon it is then also run out.

Today I have made ​​a lighting test on the left Access Platform AP1 and used the lamp linkage from the right side because the dimensions about the same. But the temporary installation of the lamps under the blast shield was quite difficult and did not want to really succeed at first, until it is then still halfway succeeded me.

Here are the first pictures of this afternoon, even without room illumination, which could correspond approximately to a twilight atmosphere on the pad.
In the following pictures I have chosen only the preference setting in 1.5 mA in Sunny White LEDs now that Pure White hanging, however, as usual on the flat battery.

As you can see, the lighting looks pretty well, I think.

Although the lamps hanging a little too low and too far forward, but I came with the lamps unfortunately only up to the diagonal support struts of the blast shield.

But as one can see in this picture here, the lamps hanging further back, about the middle of the shield. But I just wanted to see how the lighting looks under the canopy, and this test is always enough.

Source: NASA

In these images, with ceiling lighting now everything looks a bit more realistic.

So, I'm in any case more than satisfied with these impressions, and that gives buoyancy for further work!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
MANFRED,

It looks like you have got a good grip on the situation. The Sunny White light looks very close to the actual photos. My hats off to the Lighting Department. Now we want to see this MLP side with Sunny Light only. Great work!!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:07 PM

Thanks Rich for your nice words, I am also a little proud of myself that I have reached this level.

Thanks again for your inspiration, otherwise I would never have started with the lighting story.

Now can follow the next step and I can start with the serial production of the Sunny White lamps, so the Side 1 will soon shine only in warm white lighting.

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-04-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.35 MB
Manfred,
My MLP is finished but when I tried to upload pictures it said that my post was denied because I had too many URL's. Even when I only had one URL in for imgur it still said that i had too many URL's.
Google Adsense