PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Gemini XI/Agena (sort of)

Gang,

I should have learned long ago that the axiom, "Measure Twice, Cut Once" applies to research as well as construction!

I'm building the Delta 7 Gemini XI-Agena. The Agena is tagged as representing the birds for both Gemini XI and XII, and indeed, looks very similar to the latter. Unfortunately, I've discovered after completing about 80% of the XI Agena that there are significant difference in the paint pattern between it and the real thing, mostly in the area of the Target Docking Adapter and the white (not aluminum) stripes on the body.

So at this point, I think I'll mask off the correct white areas, paint the whole thing aluminum, and then add'l white/black markings with home-made decals. A lot more effort -- but I just wasn't satisfied with letting the inaccuracies ride.

Stay tooned. More to come.

Les (The Voice of Authority -- THE - Home)
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini XI/Agena (sort of)-g11-1.jpg   Gemini XI/Agena (sort of)-g11-2.jpg   Gemini XI/Agena (sort of)-g11-3.jpg   Gemini XI/Agena (sort of)-g11-4.jpg   Gemini XI/Agena (sort of)-g11-5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Been bit on the research side more then once. Sounds like you came up with a good save.