PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 09-24-2013, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Wow, thank you.
I'll see what I can do concerning the recolour. I know Greelt's a member here so I'll try and PM him. Hopefully he gets the mail in his mailbox.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
PK:Love your work and the level of detail you have put into this monster.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Great work!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Stunning - not to mention the lead-off hint about a "huge" project. Just one question, isn't 1:48 scale "huge" for one of your masterworks?? (hope not!)
Yogi
Old 09-25-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Stunning - not to mention the lead-off hint about a "huge" project. Just one question, isn't 1:48 scale "huge" for one of your masterworks?? (hope not!)
Yogi
Thanks! Well, 1/48 indeed is huge in my standards. that's right. But I couldn't have done this in 1/400 this well, I think.
The way my collection is built up now is 1/400 for (most of the) the dioramas, 1/96 for (most of) the rockets and 1/48 for probes and satellites. There are some exceptions to the rule but those are quite old models. (Sojourner in 1/400 would have been almost invisible)

The "huge" project I mentioned does not refer to its actual size but more the amount of time and work it will take. It will be an addition to my rocket garden, or rather a replacement of the plastic one which the garden started out with.
So, it will be 1/96, like all the others. And well, yes, it will be the Saturn V combination of Greelt (S-1C/Interstage F-1 / J-2), Bouchar (S-II) and Noteboom (SIVb) with a Slavicek BPC/LES, but I want to do something extra with it. So I decided I want to show the insides of the fuel and oxidizer tanks. So, exploded view. (no pun intended there) And that might take some time.

I am trying to find the best pictures of the tank's structures but unfortunately NASA is not the best place to do a search any more. They used to have a very accessible and uncomplicated search engine for their photo sites but they all seem to have disappeared. But I already have some stuff to help me get going and the rest will follow. I added some sketch doodles to show what my plans are. (-:
Attached Thumbnails
Rocketdyne F-1 in 1/48-schermafbeelding-2013-09-25-om-08.34.46.jpg   Rocketdyne F-1 in 1/48-schermafbeelding-2013-09-25-om-08.35.11.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.13 MB
Whoa!

That is cool!

So, I have to ask... I'm unfamiliar with the Bouchar S-II and the Slavicek BPC/LES. What are these, exactly?

I've been playing with the idea of reworking my Ton SV with Greelt's engines, and have actually just barely started the process, but I may actually follow more closely in your footsteps.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 AM

frederic.bouchar.perso.sfr.fr/Saturn5/2nd_stage/pdf/S-II_MainBody.pdf
frederic.bouchar.perso.sfr.fr/Saturn5/2nd_stage/pdf/S-II_interstage2-3.pdf
frederic.bouchar.perso.sfr.fr/Saturn5/2nd_stage/.../S-II_Backward_skirt.pdf

That's the Saturn V's second stage by Frédéric Bouchar, inspired by Greelts first stage. (use Greelt's J2 with it) and I heard you got to print it at 99% but I am not yet definite on that one. These links are direct downloads of PDF's.

J. Slavicek's Apollo BPC/LES and SM are here:
Saturn V paper model (1:96)

Old 09-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Resources

Trying to remember where this came from - could be from one of the ninfinger.org archives ( Ninfinger Productions: Space Modelers Email List Vault ). Anyway:

Rocketdyne F-1 in 1/48-saturn5allclean2.jpg

(system compressed from 1.4M, 2000x3200 jpg - send you original?)
Yogi

Found it! From Lower Hudson Valley on the Apollo pages - Saturn V poster http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_apollo.html#m18 .
Old 09-25-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
(system compressed from 1.4M, 2000x3200 jpg - send you original?)
I searched my own archives for this one and only had a small version of that picture, so yes please, if you will. That's a good overview and can help me a lot.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:57 PM

Kind of late, just got home. The last three days I had a very nice correspondence going on with Greelt. (!) He thought my recolour looked great and granted me permission to upload them. I'll get in touch with Jon Leslie and let him host them over there.
This adds a recoloured inner cone, a recoloured exhaust cone and a redone injector plate to Greelt's already fabulous kit. The piping all was trial and error scratched so that's up to yourself to give it a go!
You can always ask me how I did it, I am really glad to help you out.