PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
HEY ALL,

PAPER K,

Thanks for the great words, it's nice to know you guys are helping me along! These parts are so small, this whole build is super delicate and fragile. It's wanting to show you all this build that has kept me from crushing this thing. It takes a very light touch to build.

So more photos.

This part of the build is of the connect unit. This part goes outside of the expansion joint and is connected directly to the capsual.

Photo #1, Parts for the connect unit.

Photo #2, #3, and #4, The finished connect unit. This part of the build was not so hard. Just like before tho, the part are very delicate and small and sorta hard to handle.

The next part to build is a bunch of small parts that mount to the top and front of the connect unit. These are the Stabelizer Suspension parts, and there seems to be several steps involved with a lot of parts that are even smaller and thinner. Will this never end!
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1027.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1028.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1029.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1030.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I was trying a couple of ideas on this last night. The first is a slight change in the assembly process. After cutting the outside of the frame, scoring and pre-folding glue the vertical, diagonal and horizontals in place and then using plunge cuts and the in place verticals etc as cutting guides. The other thing was I printed the frame at 133% and tried to replace the verticals etc with 1/2 round pieces to more closely replicate the actual Swing Arm which is on display at KSC. These parts appear to have been made from steel structual tubing. The results where less than satisfactory from a visual aspect but much less nerve racking from a cutting viewpoint. Need to come up with a better 1/2 round forming method.

Kudos on the build so far!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM

MARK,

I really like that everybody has thier own building technique. It's interesting to hear of the different styles. Perhaps you could do your half rounds with Evergreen styrene. I'm not so sure tho that they make half rounds that small tho. Mite be worth a look.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:30 PM

HEY ALL,

These three photos are of the Connect Unit mounted to the Expansion Joint. Also the beginnings of the Stabilizer Arm.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1031.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1032.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1033.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 02:32 PM

HEY,

Two photos of the Stabilizer Arm under construction.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1034.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1035.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 02:35 PM

ALL,

The Stabilizer Arm mounted to the Connect Unit.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1036.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1038.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 02:41 PM

HEY ALL,

SO, these are the final portrait shots. The Swing Arm build is now finished. I did not bother with the Braser Cable mount. I didn't have a cable and tower to attach it to anyway, so I left that little piece off.
Attached Thumbnails
LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1040.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1041.jpg   LUT 1/96 Command Module service arm - free download-img_1042.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Good job there Rich will have to do some more of mine.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all,
Can any one help. I have Mischa's wonderful Crawler and I have the printouts of Swingarm 9 on my Mac ( High Sierra ) but now find assembly instructions for it no longer work ( they did on the first release ) despite the latest Acrobat Reader and I do want to get started.
RichO's excellent posts above will help but can anyone point me in the right direction to get hold of them
Thanks in anticipation
buck4
Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 278.5 KB
Try this link. Be aware it is a 3D pdf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fF...LEGdEq4kxNioEy
Google Adsense

Tags
apollo, lut, saturn v