PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-30-2013, 04:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverocket View Post
Are there any instructions for fred's sII
You could follow the same procedures used to assemble Greelts.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
Although it is no intention to revive a long quiet thread I came across this one while searching for the missing parts for Greelt's design. Just a quick note that I am presently busy completing the project that Greelt started by updating the pasrts from Fred for the SII and polishing up the extra details to the same standard for SIII, the Service Module and Command Module. Once these extra stages are complete and subject to consent from the original designers of the parts Im including in the final design the entire model would be released.

The missing stages are being done at the same quality as Greelt's stage one to maintain the same build quality throughout and all the parts are being sized to fit without the need for tinkering. May need to have a few volunteers for test build and doing the instructions for the new stages so any volunteers welcome!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
This has been one hell of a year for Apollo hardware.Im like a kid in the candy store.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.81 MB
Hey ste4lth , I'm building the 1-48th Saturn V right now and there is a bit of down sizing your going to do with Bouchars kit parts (2-3% down sizing) and 2-5% up sizing on Ton's parts to match Greelt's parts , I found out the hard way (printed numerous iterations of the parts before I got them right ) the interstage skirt between the second and third stage needs to be lengthend a tad to match up with the diameter of the third stage I found this out the hard way also ,racked my brain trying to figure it out finally had to redraw the parts using a template of the original that was enlarged 1-2%. a lot with this kit is trial and error so don't get discouraged if it doesn't fit the first couple of times the included pic will show the intestage s2 skirt that needs to be enlarged Play around with the enlargement percentages to get the exact number you need ! Good luck with your build !!!

P.S. Take your time and go slow it is worth it in the long run with this model.
Attached Thumbnails
Saturn V - 1/48-interstage-reference.jpg  
Old 09-02-2014, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Legal, this is great news! I'll be following this one!
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2014, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.05 MB
My old plan to build 1/48 saturn model, but not enough space for it. It a really huge model. I following the build too.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.29 MB
Hi Legal!

Yeah I've been busy working away at university that I have not had any time to persue this project.

Its great to hear that you will be finishing off his great work and I would be happy to become a test builder if need be
Old 09-04-2014, 06:54 AM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
Hey Ste4lth, thanks for being a willing victim.... i mean volunteer, can you PM me your email address so I can send you waht has been tinkered with so far to have a look at.

Cheers
Old 10-15-2014, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Legal, I've been dreaming of taking on this Saturn V project for a long time. As many have done, I built one of Greelt's F-1 engines and enjoyed it but found the thought of 10 more engines to be daunting. However... I now have a tool that I suspect will help quite a bit, a Cricut cutting machine! I'd be really excited to see if it's possible to utilize this and accelerate my Saturn V build. Even if it only cuts the outlines of the parts, that would be a huge help. The machine will accept .svg vector files, and I have Adobe Illustrator as well as Pepakura Designer to create/export them... I don't know what kind of software you work in to create these models? Please let me know if you'd be interested in having me try this out.

Thanks,
-Liz
Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperfectSense View Post
Hi Legal, I've been dreaming of taking on this Saturn V project for a long time. As many have done, I built one of Greelt's F-1 engines and enjoyed it but found the thought of 10 more engines to be daunting. However... I now have a tool that I suspect will help quite a bit, a Cricut cutting machine! I'd be really excited to see if it's possible to utilize this and accelerate my Saturn V build. Even if it only cuts the outlines of the parts, that would be a huge help. The machine will accept .svg vector files, and I have Adobe Illustrator as well as Pepakura Designer to create/export them... I don't know what kind of software you work in to create these models? Please let me know if you'd be interested in having me try this out.

Thanks,
-Liz
I would be interested to know how the Cricut would work for cutting out paper models. My niece has one and I'm sure she'd let me use it...
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Google Adsense

Tags
1/48, greelt, saturn v, ton