PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Lightbulb Jupiter Moons' Ilea

Hi All,

Being a sci fi buff I recently discovered the 1990's era English series "Jupiter Moon" on the Cinema Now site. While it is a bit of a sci fi soap opera more than anything else, the production values are dated and the acting is sort of odd to my 'Merican tastes, I still am enjoying watching it. The premise of the show is an older space craft, the fusion powered "Ilea" that has been stationed in orbit around one of Jupiters' moons to be a sort of space University populated by the best and brightest youth of the sector.

I was wondering if anyone had any clues, links or ideas where one might come up with a model version of Ilea to build, The ship is basically laid out as supporting arms that rotate with pods, gantrys, engines and odd bits of this and that all over. While I could probably come up with enough screen shots to figure out how to lay it all out, I thought I might check and see if anyone might have a shorter route to making up a model. They don't really give up any dimensions or sizes as that really isn't important to the plots or characters in the show, the focus mainly being on the characters.
Google Adsense
Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Never even heard of it, I'm more of a Red Dwarf fan myself. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi All,

Well, until I got the new Batman movie and its' free digital copy that is aimed at the Cinema Now site, I had never heard of "Jupiter Moon" either. I did discover the apparently only fan site that is still online and it contained a little more information on the subject of my search. The original model used in the show was designed in England and built in the Czech Republic. It was 10 feet long and pretty highly detailed. Although they didn't do a whole lot of homework on the physics of space, while the spinning parts are spinning to create gravity, the stationary parts of the ship apparently generate this on their own by some mysterious unexplained phenomena? There were 109 episodes made split into three iterations of the show, I have managed to watch the entire last section before discovering how all this was supposed to work and am now catching the beginning of it all.

Here is a view of the actual model that I dug up from the fan site, I can't help but wonder where this might be now, I am sure some collector has it stashed in his collection of the odd and unusual.

I suppose the only thing to do if I want a model is to do a bunch of screen captures, some serious study and lay it all out on my own. Not an impossible task but it should be interesting.