PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-18-2021, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack

Finally, a little more than two years after starting, I have finished this build. Seriously, I don't really know why it took me so long but I had lots of hiatuses and other builds during this project.
This build is an amalgamate of three different designers. The shuttle is originally the Fortezza Mars Center- designed version but with a photoreallsitic new skin made by someone with the name Arvydas. The build of this shuttle is the same as the original Fortezza shuttle. First time building this model for me, and I especially liked the way the complex nose section had to be shaped and formed.

The ET is based on the design by Bill Spencer but all the detailing was scratchbuilt by me. I used thick sturdy brown card (280 gpm2) which I sanded after construction to get the more fuzzy appearance of the foam insulation. The intertank was made from finely ribbed carton. The only non-paper parts here were the thin cable runs over the ET. they were made from floral wire.

The SRB's are of course from Alfonso X. Moreno, but also here, the detailing is mine. Paper type mainly semigloss photo paper, but lots of other types too. The engine bells have an eleven-pointd star exhaust opening and the reinforcement disks inside have a 5mm hole in the middle for a later to build pedestal with two cut to length knitting needles to prevent the stack from toppling.

I'll just post some pics of the finished item for now, if there is a demand for a build report, let me know! I'll happily comply (-:

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!
--PK
Attached Thumbnails
Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140567.jpg   Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140568.jpg   Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140569.jpg   Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140570.jpg   Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140578.jpg  

Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140585.jpg   Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140586.jpg   Shuttle Endeavour 1/96 stack-p1140589.jpg  
Old 01-18-2021, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Incredible PK. An intimidating project. No wonder you had to hiatus your way through it.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Beautiful job! Some great modeling there....
Old 01-18-2021, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Nicely done! It isn't just any PM that can stand up to a rubber band!
Old 01-19-2021, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Super impressive!! I'm a fan of your work there. Detailing really adds to the realism.

I think you're the only modeller who posted a build of the retextured Orbiter so far, and the result looks very pleasing!! You tackled the difficult kit very nicely, I haven't completed 50% of the kit without melting my brain, the forward fuselage to wing joint was very hard for me.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Very good!
Are these files still somewhere to download? The links for it I found with Google were al dead...

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Old 01-19-2021, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
As always PK, this is excellent. I have these files squirreled away somewhere, so I hope to do one of these.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
@ Willem, I don't know whether the External tank files (very basic but shapewise very useful) or the photoskin of Endeavour are still online. I also had them stashed away already for a long time.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Fantastic work! This photorealitic version is absolutely gorgeous and makes you forget that everything is made of paper. Great job - and great size!