PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-03-2014, 03:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hey Rocky,
very impressive details you can build at this nice scale, fantastic work.

Keep on modeling!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 10-07-2014, 02:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks spacerunner, I really appreciate that compliment coming from you, but I,ll never match what you are doing with your build of launch pad 39A with STS-6 !! That is really some fine scale modeling.
Sorry it took me awhile to reply, but I got busy with other things and then I knocked the second stage off the table when I was walking by with my hands full!
Not to much damage but it did tear the paper pneumatic lines off one of the J2s and I had to make a new set and repair the engine....
(I make them by soaking strips of 110lb. card stock in water for about an hour, then squeezing it out between my fingers and letting it dry. Not that hard to do but it takes forever!)
So........I made a stand out of left over foam board that I had already cut formers from, and sheets of rolled up copy paper... (Pictures 1&2)
I wanted to make new LH2 suction line fairings because the plans only have four and the ones by T. Notebloom were to big. But when I did; one of them didn't fit with Greelt's interstage, luckily a black marker helped (Pic. 3) The other's are how it looks up to now. Except picture 8 that shows where the center engines fuel duct is almost touching the electrical system timing and staging assy. box. Oh well.......doesn't look too bad does it? Should I move the box?
#Frustrated

~
Attached Thumbnails
I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-10.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-10_1.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-20.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-30.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-40.jpg  

I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-50.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-60.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-80.jpg  
Old 10-07-2014, 10:06 AM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
Looking good there Rocky, would you be able to send me the changes to the design to convert to vector and include int he final product? Cheers
Old 10-07-2014, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 326.45 MB
Impressive looking build, must be a laborious task :O
NH78
Old 10-08-2014, 01:29 AM

nighthawk78: Thanks, it's not too hard but my progress has been slow. That is me tho'
legal01: Sure thing ; might take me a couple of days to put it together though. I want to make the telemetry,command,and range safety antennas. (Greelt would have wanted to I think.)
Hey! has anyone got a reference photo of the aft skirt electrical&power umbilical that they could share with me? I can't find anything really useful. Also the fill and drain connector that is next to it on the left?
(PM me if it is copyrighted and you can't post here. (Tell me where to find?))

Humbly
Rocky
Google Adsense
Old 10-11-2014, 02:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
I have a couple of questions though,(since no one mentioned them;I kinda feel like your trying to be nice.)
Just trying to be nice? I don't think so ...... but we do recognise a skilful and careful build when we see it!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernoullis View Post
Just trying to be nice? I don't think so ...... but we do recognise a skilful and careful build when we see it!
Well,...That is a very nice thing to say. Thank you bernoullis.

Some more update: I had a terrible time with printer settings to get the right size on the adapter interstage. I think it was original size,posterise,landscape that finally worked.....I think.
Anyway I decided to build the tank top and ring as a sub assembly so I could slide it up and down a few mm. to make sure the J2 would not touch,and the adapter fits snug. I can shave the extra paper off if I don't need it. A picture of the stack ( I sneaked in a picture of one of my paintings that didn't sell.) and except for antennas I am ready to move on....yeah.
Attached Thumbnails
I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-11.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-13.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-14.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-15.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-16.jpg  

Old 10-18-2014, 07:43 PM

I spoke to soon. .......and I'm afraid I might have misspoken too.
I am currently having a hard time reconciling the diameters of the 3rd stage with the adapter and the rings.
Also my fumbled attempt at word play humor may have been misconstrued, as I have just re-read my reply to Bernoulli's reply,... it sounded a bit sarcastic and that is not at all what was intended. It sounded a lot better in my head. I had not taken in to account how it might translate in to written word. I'm sorry if it came across as offensive and will be more careful in the future.

Humbly
Rocky
Old 10-25-2014, 01:26 AM

Sorry to drag this thread up again after going on leave for awhile.
And I hope I am not the last to post.....but here are the antennas and covers 'n' stuff as I had promised to do. The S-II sway targets did not print as well as they looked in the file. Be starting the 3rd stage soon.
I think most of the diameter problems are gone now. (and i am thankful for help on that.)

Humbly
Rocky
Attached Thumbnails
I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-aft-skirt-umbilical.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-close-up-sway-target.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-tower-side.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-looking-up.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-retro-covers.jpg  

Old 10-26-2014, 03:43 AM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
Looking good, will have the vector versions of the sway targets and other details done and through to you soon to vet and check!.