PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 10-26-2014, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Sorry for the stupid question about the windows legal01. I could have just opened the file and saw....duhh. I swear I don't know what I am doing sometimes.

Got the first stage finished. and the interstage ring. (my fingers are still sore.)
I am just calling it a "Saturn V" now that it's been pointed out to me that calling it an "Apollo"' is not strictly appropriate since I am making a "generic" rocket. (damn know-it-all nephew....I deserved that I suppose... Lol.)
Some more pics:

~
Hi Rocky,

nice progress with the interstage ring.

How big is the diameter of the white wholes in the inner rings?

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 10-27-2014, 01:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Spacerunner, My old eyes aren't as good as yours at seeing tiny things
To my best measuring they are about 0.108" with one ruler and about...well..2.69 or 2.72mm with the other one. I think. If my math... (which is not all that great as you can tell).. is right then they correspond to some where around 5 inches at 1:48 At lest that is my guess, I do not know what they are IRL ; they look like you could stick your hand through them, and they do not look really round. more like this.

legal01, no hurry! I will be the first to admit I made a mistake. The sway target on the left is supposed to be to the right of the retro rocket cover.
I did not know that before I glued them on, then I stumbled across these images.
Attached Thumbnails
I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-untitled.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-screen-shot-10-27-14-12.35-am.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-ap9-ksc-68p-384.jpg  
Old 10-28-2014, 01:31 AM

I mounted the J2 on the thrust structure and rolled some pneumatic and purge lines. Still a ways to go, at least I got started again.
Crits and suggestions welcome!; I still do not know what to do about helium spheres or what to put where parts 17 goes because it does not look like it belongs there. (to me,...that's just an opinion..)
Humbly
Rocky
Attached Thumbnails
I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-10.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-20.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-30.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-40.jpg   I,m baack......a new start on an old Apollo-50.jpg  

Old 10-28-2014, 07:32 AM

Location: I live in Johanensburg South Africa, the real Gangsters Paradise!
Total Downloaded: 40.11 MB
Looking good there Rocky, as usual just send me the additional details and I will convert them to vector for you!.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Quote:
I mounted the J2 on the thrust structure and rolled some pneumatic and purge lines. Still a ways to go, at least I got started again.
Crits and suggestions welcome!; I still do not know what to do about helium spheres or what to put where parts 17 goes because it does not look like it belongs there. (to me,...that's just an opinion..)
Humbly
Rocky
Hi Rocky,

which diameters have the helium spheres?
I would use something suitable, because buildind out of paper ...

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM

I am not absolutely sure...they are visually smaller than the J2's start tank and it is 13mm. I used wooden beads for those. But so far I have only found 6,8,13,&16mm. I think I need something like 10 or 11mm.
Does anyone know for 1:48?
I really do not want to use plastic; partly because of glue issues, and partly trying to be purist about it.
(wood is just uncooked paper...right?)

Rocky
Old 10-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Quote:
wood is just uncooked paper...right?
Yeah! That's the spirit! Get it? Halloween......spirit......Anybody? <sound of crickets> oh never mind......
Old 10-30-2014, 11:57 PM

That's using your pumpkin!