PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-03-2015, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
Hi Lee Anne. I have Adobe Illustrator 7.0 which only saves 1 page at a time. When this project is completed, I’ll send all of the individual pdfs to you to concatenate into a single file. Thanks for your offer to help.

The solar shield truss was designed and unfolded in Sketchup while the outriggers and solar array slide deploy spars were designed in Adobe Illustrator. Do as I say and not as I do. It’s disheartening to have to remove parts and start over again. Remember the discoloration or “sun tan” on all of the parts should match that on the octagon rack. The discoloration is from contaminants that leaked out of the EVA hatch, deposited on the ATM surface and darkened after exposure to the sun. Therefore, make sure the “sun tan” is darkest on the surfaces closest to the EVA hatch before gluing the parts on.

It is easier to work in this order. (1) Attach the canister radiator first. (2) Next attach the solar shield truss. (3) Attach the solar shield. Notice the opening for the acquisition sun senor is over the horizontal CMG. (4) Attach the acquisition sun senor assembly. (5) attach the outriggers. (6) Attach the solar array slide deploy spars. (7) Finally, attach the “ladder” hand rails.
Attached Thumbnails
Skylab-solar-shield-truss.jpg   Skylab-atm-outriggers-spars.jpg   Skylab-atm-ladder.jpg   Skylab-atm-acquisition-sun-senor-assembly.jpg   Skylab-sketchup-solar-shield-truss.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ATM struts spars-87 scale.pdf (46.6 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by hjlyuen; 01-03-2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.90 MB

Detailed design is very clean!
Excellent!!

Merzo
Old 01-04-2015, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 419.23 MB
Glad to help. When the time comes, I just need to know the sequence for the pages. Everything is fast with Acrobat.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
Really good work!

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 01-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Very well done....nice, clean build.
Google Adsense
Old 01-05-2015, 04:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Fine additions!
Brought me back to one of my "forgotten files"...
Could be the next following the AXM Orion.

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Old 01-13-2015, 09:25 AM

I got word that the pdf file for the ATM apertures had other images superimposed on the parts so a revised version is also attached here. I don’t know how to edit an old post so I can replace the pdf file.

The ATM scaffold was designed and unfolded in Sketchup. There is a front and back sheet which should be glued together, back to back, to obtain the double thickness needed for structural strength and for the gray color to show on both sides. I did the least damage to the small parts when I worked in this order: (1) the battery modules, (2 the lower ATM scaffold (count and use the black and white marks on the OWS as reference points), (3) the upper ATM scaffold (which, by the way, can be mounted facing forward position if you are modeling Skylab sitting atop the Saturn launch vehicle), (4) the S193 Microwave Radiometer/Scatterometer and Altimeter antenna, (5) the S194 L-band radiometer, (6) the two docking targets, and finally the ATM itself.

To be continued with the solar arrays and parasols (both of them). We are getting close to completion. I started on Skylab in July and it now mid-January. I have reached the point when it is time to quit while you are still ahead. My OWS has indents from me holding it once too often while trying to glue small parts to the MDA. I should have reinforced the OWS with a double layer or added internal bracing but it’s too late. If I try to fix the OWS I know I am going to end up damaging the ATM and rebuilding it again
Attached Thumbnails
Skylab-sketchup-atm-scaffold.jpg   Skylab-atm-scaffold-both-sections.jpg   Skylab-atm-scaffold-top-section.jpg   Skylab-atm-scaffold-launch-position.jpg   Skylab-battery-modules-lower-scaffold.jpg  

Skylab-both-upper-lower-scaffold-sections.jpg   Skylab-docking-targets.jpg   Skylab-attach-atm-scaffold.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf papermodelers ATM aperture covers sun shield 1-87 scale ver3.pdf (42.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: pdf papermodelers ATM scaffold.pdf (9.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf papermodelers ATM scaffold backside.pdf (3.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf papermodelers airlock MDA EREP 1-87 scale parts rev5.pdf (109.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 01-13-2015, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.35 MB
Nice job. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 419.23 MB
This is looking awesome! On my old Skylab, I did all of the trusswork as one piece! That was a challenge, but it worked!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:03 PM

Oops, I forget to show how the S-194 L-Band radiometer was assembled from the jumbo of parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Skylab-s194-l-band-radiometer-step-step.jpg   Skylab-s194-l-band-radiometer.jpg  
Google Adsense