PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-13-2015, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Great News Today!

Today,

I received my copy of the Edu-Craft Diversions 1:32 scale LM model (designed by David R. Maier) in the mail! I just went to the local Post Office about an hour ago to collect it.

I then sat down to view all the sheets, one by one - they are BEAUTIFULLY printed on relatively thick, semi-glossy paper! And the sheets are already cut to size, so no need to do that. They are now resting, completely flat under long metal rulers and several large and heavy atlas map books.

The model kit came in a hard cardboard box, wrapped in a thin plastic bag, with bubble plastic top and bottom, so it was very well protected. The instructions came on a regular-sized CD-R disc in a paper envelope.

The coloring is VERY nice. Perhaps some of the gray parts are just a tad on the magenta side, but most of it won't show on the outside anyway. More importantly, the light green color of the outward-facing aluminum plates (of the ascent stage) is spot-on. And there are many templates for all yellow, gold and copper-tone foils to be cut out. I think I'll try the matte black CineFoil for the descent stage thruster deflector shields - that would probably fit really well.

The model in it's entirety is so carefully laid out, and the instructions are very clear. Furthermore, there are also measurement templates for all the reinforcement card thicknesses, so nothing left to guesswork there. There are also extra, spare parts for many of the smaller details, that can be a bit challenging to cut out with a scalpel. I shall have to get more fresh #11 blades.

I am certainly looking forward to starting work on this impressive model, not too far into the future!
But there is a lot of planning to be done, and various purchases of proper-colored material.
And I think I might have to buy myself a fresh, larger cutting mat...

Bengt in Stockholm
Old 01-13-2015, 07:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.84 MB
Very good to hear- I think you'll really like building this one! A larger cutting mat is a very good idea too, thanks for the hint!