PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-05-2015, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thank you for cautions and reminders. I have written to Uhu02 asking him to review the work and requesting permission to share it. No answer so far, which is why I stated that making this work available freely was out of the question at this time.

This being the case, my note about "webspace available" was misleading, if not plain wrong and out of line. It stemmed from an anticipated permission (which may be unlikely to come, it now seems). If that had been obtained, I still would have had to store the files in my own webspace, since the file size of 159 MB is larger than what the site allows for. And storing it on one private server is a vulnerable solution over time, as many examples from the past show.

That is also why I was hoping for it to be alright to ask for a few further "keepers" of the work. And I thought some dedicated space model builders would be far better than me, since my interest of building lies elsewhere.

Thank you, Thorst for the drawing! That was most helpful. Two measurements of the descent module - width and height - resulted in my double-scale version turns out to be around 1/21 scale (1/21.3 and 1/20.6 respectively). Which means that Uhu02's original model would be closer to the scale of 1/42 instead of the stated 1/48. This I would really like to have checked by someone who knows the ins and outs of this particular subject!

Leif

PS - Michael, the scale of your build - 1/29 - seems correct in view of the numbers above. Printing a 1/42 scale A4 model in A3 format would render it ca 142 percent larger, which turns out to be ca 1/29! Confirmation of the scale calculations this far, right?

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 04-05-2015 at 06:55 AM. Reason: PS
Old 04-05-2015, 06:38 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 135.67 MB
I was under the impression that Leif was in the process of asking Uhu and certainly do not want to offend Uhu in any way.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Hi Leif,
That you found the Uhu02 LM-7 model to be somewhat bigger, is perfectly in line with what 'milw' also found, when he started to build it, in parallel with the EduCraft Diversions 1:48 LM-5 model. His experience was that it is in fact a bit larger than 1:32.

Michael!
That is a fine photo of the Apollo 15 exhibit from the Speyer Technikmuseum! I certainly look forward to seeing your 1:12 scale diorama in another four years!

All the best to you fine gentlemen,
Bengt in Stockholm
Old 04-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Always nice to see what could be a controversial thread going in a positive direction. No name calling, tantrums, rudeness or childish attitudes.

Here's hoping for a response, if not, at least the attempt was made in good spirit.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Thank you. The main concern I had with my post, but failed to mention explicitly, was we have to be careful with the sharing discussion. A language barrier exists between Uhu and all of us which why I think his reaction was as it was the previous time. And anything can be misunderstood rather quickly.

Carry on.
Google Adsense
Old 04-07-2015, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
From my point of view,

Leif, my fellow countryman, has always been extremely careful with copyrighted or otherwise uniquely designed artistic material, never sharing any altered (or re-scaled) material until a proper consent has been secured from the original designer in question.

I would go so far as to say, that in our circles, he (as well as many others in our forum) are indeed guardians of the original designers copyrights.

Thus, no need to have any sort of fear that this situation is not being handled in the proper manner. Far from it.

All the best from Stockholm,
Bengt
Old 04-19-2015, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 319.31 MB
Greetings, I would like some clarification on the scale issue for UHU's lunar module since I will be starting that build shortly. When you are discussing scale, on A3 and A4 paper and it being different I assume you mean that you are setting the scale for it to fit the page correct? If you print at 100% scale it should not differ in size on any size paper right? I will be printing my model on 8.5 X 11 or 8.5 X 14 inch paper. I will not be building this at 1/48, I would like to do 1/12 to match Ken and Billie’s master piece (which will be my next build) but I may just make the Ascent stage at 1/12 since the descent stage would be so large. So my thoughts are at this point to make the ascent stage at 1/12 scale and the entire model at 1/32. If you print a t 100% does it print at 1/48 scale?