PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-02-2015, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 309.19 MB
AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"

Hello everyone...
Back in January I built Alfonso's "Orion EFT-1". It is a very good looking model and very enjoyable to build. With his resent release of the Delta IV Heavy lifter I cannot pass up the opportunity to complete my "EFT-1". Looking at the printed pages it appears this Delta will build up to a fine replica of it's full scale counter part. I plan to build the kit "right out of the box". Any minor changes will be noted during the building process. So lets get started! The Orion below is the one I built this past January. I will be building a new one for this Delta IV Heavy. The pictures below show all the Common Booster Core "CBCs" cut out and the gluing tabs on. The other pictures show all CBC sections rolled.

More later...
Bill
Attached Thumbnails
AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-orion-05.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-deltaiv-orion-01.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-deltaiv-orion-02.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-deltaiv-orion-03.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-deltaiv-orion-04.jpg  

Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Google Adsense
Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hey Bill,
have you glued stiffeners into the rolled CBCs for stabilization, that everything looks perfectly round? What scale is it?

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 06-04-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Looks like you're off to a darn good start.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerunner View Post
Hey Bill,
have you glued stiffeners into the rolled CBCs for stabilization, that everything looks perfectly round? What scale is it?

Hello Manfred,
Alfonso`s Delta Heavy is in 1/96th scale along with his Orion EFT-1. The pictures above are just the rolled tubes at this point. When the connecting strips are added to the CBC sections I will be installing support rings into the center of all connections. Pictures coming soon! Thank You for tuning in!

More coming soon...
Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 06-05-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Looks like you're off to a darn good start.

Hello David,
Thank You for tuning in! Have not talked to ya in awhile. I would imagine that you must be pretty much be settled into your new home in Kuwait by now? Are you missing anything from the states yet? Brands of printer paper.....favorite glues etc.?

Later...
Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?

Last edited by Corvettenutts; 06-05-2015 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Typo!!
Google Adsense
Old 06-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettenutts View Post
Hello David,
Thank You for tuning in! Have not talked to ya in awhile. I would imagine that you must be pretty much be settled into your new home in Kuwait by now? Are you missing anything from the states yet? Brands of printer paper.....favorite glues etc.?

Later...
Bill
The list of things I miss is a long one, but I'm adjusting and making do. I've not yet found a decent hobby shop. Took me forever to find fine-grit sandpaper. The types of glues are limited. I went to Britain to visit relatives last fall and picked up some knitting needles and brass tubing (for rolling) and glues, as well as some specialty paper. Took me forever to find good cardstock here.

It is getting hot (days will get up to 120 F) so we'll spend a lot of time indoors. Good for modeling....
Old 06-06-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
The list of things I miss is a long one, but I'm adjusting and making do. I've not yet found a decent hobby shop. Took me forever to find fine-grit sandpaper. The types of glues are limited. I went to Britain to visit relatives last fall and picked up some knitting needles and brass tubing (for rolling) and glues, as well as some specialty paper. Took me forever to find good cardstock here.

It is getting hot (days will get up to 120 F) so we'll spend a lot of time indoors. Good for modeling....

I`m glad to hear that you are "making do". I guess that any type of "internet mail order" doesn`t apply to well to your location? I had spent some time in Arizona (about 3 years) and it was hot......but it did not compare with the 120 that you are experiencing! I can`t imagine that prolonged heat!

Later...
Bill
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:13 AM

AXM`s Delta IV Heavy with Orion...

Hello everyone...
I have some assembly pictures below. The first picture is of support rings that I made up to use at all CBC skin connecting points. They worked out very well and add a quite amount of strength to the CBC skins. Thank you Alfonso for this Delta as everything has fit extremely well at this point! I have no doubt that the rest will be no different! The remaining pictures have text on them to explain the procedure.

Later...
Bill
Attached Thumbnails
AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-01.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-02.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-03.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-05.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-06.jpg  

AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-07.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-08.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-09.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-10.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-11.jpg  

Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:17 AM

Hello everyone...
and a few more...

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-12.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-13.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-14.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-15.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-16.jpg  

AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-17.jpg   AXM's Delta IV Heavy with "Orion"-delta-18.jpg  
Where did Gunter Wendt ?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello Bill,

very clean and accurate work.

The technique reminds me of my old aircraft models of paper about 50 years ago, I built in my childhood, long, long time ago.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Google Adsense