PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Baseband Tech GPS and Compass

Anyone built or have details about baseband tech's GPS or Compass models? I found them on very random google search tonight. But I couldn't see a scale anywhere?
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2015, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
BaseBand Tech models

Iv'e built both of them and I just gone over the files and no model scale was stated on any of them.

They are fairly detailed - the GPS measured over 14 inches across the solar panels and the Compass satellite model is much larger than that. I hope is helps.

Glenn
Old 06-22-2015, 01:58 PM

Thanks Glenn. I've written the host company for some more insight too. From what I can tell, the GPS ... hang on, let me add a link
Baseband Technologies Inc. | Ultra Low Power GPS Receiver Technologies | Instant position for anything that moves and follow their "Services" tab.
There. From what I can tell the GPS unit is based on the American Block IIR or IIM spacecraft. The scale appears to be very close to 1/24th. What they call the COMPASS satellite is the Chinese BeiDou Navigation Satellite. Haven't found dimensions yet though to compare by.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:36 AM

Hmm, Another stumper on the aft section of a satellite. :sigh: I've gotten great view of the instruments and be able to modify this design very well, but the model only offers the thrust ring and a black disc. There's gotta be a nozzle back there and probably other stuff. Easy right?

Good news is that, due to assembly line principals the same propulsion system is in use in several buses. If anyone could help, once again I'll be indebted.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:07 PM

A day of googling has discovered that the propulsion system is the Star 37 (I think there's a few more letters after than, but I didn't save the webpage) made by Orbital ATK. Astronautix.com lists the diameter at 2.16ft with a height of 2.75ft - that's got to be the bell. "37" refers to the diameter of the propellant tank in inches. I've a couple images of the thrust ring in a kind of polished brass color. Still combing Lockheed's web archives for videos hoping someone took a selfie standing around the assembled bus. :lol:
Google Adsense
Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 AM

Okay, a little more information from the ATK's Product Catalog. Star 37XFP Motor Dimensions are 36.7" in diameter and 59.2" in length. The nozzle has an initial throat diameter of 3.18" and an exit diameter of 23.51" I'm guessing that the height is 22.5"

Now off to Blender to create a cone.