PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 155.43 MB
no worries sir Mohammed! you can post yours here as well

by the way, your ELC-1 really looks solidly built, very clean yet very strong
Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Guys, I'm back from the Philippines. Too bad we couldn't meet, Hans. Next time.
To Mohammed, that ELC-1 looks solid. Well done!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
Guys, I'm back from the Philippines. Too bad we couldn't meet, Hans. Next time.
To Mohammed, that ELC-1 looks solid. Well done!
yup sir, too bad... I was looking forward for it as well... but there will be next time for sure!

and here's another update for you guys

Destiny's now done, with the ESP-1, Lab Cradle Assembly (MTSAS), PDGF, and the rigid umbilical installed... surprisingly, this has been a quick build

(the UHF Antenna and other fittings will follow later along with the solar panels)

the test fit with Unity looks pretty solid

and a dry fit of the core modules

next up will be Leonardo, Canadarm 2 and Quest
Old 07-06-2015, 10:17 AM

my work schedule for the first half of this month is a bit tight... will only get to make some good progress on the second half... but I managed to squeeze in Leonardo

and one more photo of the progress made

more soon
Old 07-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
These look very good!
I'm reconsidering finishing my 1:72 ISS, its just way too big.

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2015, 06:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunwayOneSixRight View Post
These look very good!

1/72???? That's huge!!!!! Did you use the Betexa kit? I heard that it's fab fab fab. I'm looking forward to buy it soon.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunwayOneSixRight View Post
These look very good!

I love to see your ISS sir Matt', 1/72 is huuuge!

the build has slowed down for a bit... life keeps getting in the way

but I managed to finish two major pieces

the first part of the Canadian Mobile Servicing System (MSS), the SSRMS (Canadarm 2) is done... it was a bit tedious to work with compared to the 1/100 one because of its size, but it is every bit as functional as the larger one

the Quest Airlock will be the last of the MARSCenter-designed modules coming in on this model, and to reflect the current configuration, I added the fifth HPGA Oxygen gas canister (with the label coming from sir Alfonso's own HPGA gas canister design)

this one was a bit of a struggle to build... lots of places where my fingers stuck, trouble with the gas canister builds, and other fiddly bits... but fortunately it still turned out well, and structurally, it is pretty solid

at this point I'm refocusing back once more on Zvezda, as I've acquired enough reference photos to scratchbuild two additional components - a GPS antenna just on the starboard side of the zenith thrusters, and a third EVA workstation and external experiments mounting just on the nadir side of the port EVA workstation (where the Radiometria experiment is mounted), along with the experiments mounted on it... also coming in are the cones for the zenith and nadir docking ports to accommodate Pirs and Poisk

also, I've decided to add EVA handrails to the entire ISS model... just for the heck of it

will be back soon
Old 08-08-2015, 09:21 AM

it was a tedious task, with a lot of reference search and cross-checking, and many fiddly work, but I finally re-updated Zarya and Zvezda

updating Zarya was pretty straightforward, I just added simulated EVA handrails using fine wire

Zvezda proved to be the toughest so far... but I finally was able to collect enough references to re-update the module, and now, it has the following additions:

on the aft docking port area, I added EVA handrails (like what I did with Zarya) and the Ku-Band antenna latch assembly (with the part coming off from the MARSCenter version of the module), as well as the roll thruster pyramids and another thruster pyramid on the large cone area

and like the aft docking port area, I added all of the EVA handrails on the module... it was a very tedious chore, as the handrails were in small segments that have to be added one small piece at a time, but the results were worth it

also included is the zenith EVA workstation on the smaller cylinder section of the module

also, I was able to scratchbuilt the ASN-M GPS antenna via MS Paint... intended for use during ATV operations, the antenna was installed by Expedition 10 crews prior to STS-114 arrival

if there's one thing I'm very proud of this, is that I have finally been able to scratchbuilt this: the MPAC & SEED frame - installed on Zvezda post STS-108, it hosted a myriad of external experiments for many many years it was strapped outside Zvezda, until it was jettisoned during Russian EVA 38 just last year... but because it was still present during STS-134, I opted to install it...

this part has been a gray area for me for so many years, and I have to admit I felt a sense of achievement when I finally was able to deduce how that part looked like... it is made from the same fine wire I used for the EVA handrails, then put together using super glue, like the rest of the station...

also installed on the frame are the two experiment packages - the SVPI Monoblock (the white paddle-like antenna) and the TM/TC Monoblock

and finally, I added the docking cones on the zenith and nadir ports to accommodate Pirs and Poisk later on

next week, I'll be starting on the STRELA cranes and Pirs, and start adding the EVA handrails on the Shuttle-delivered modules and other parts

Old 08-08-2015, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Christian View Post
it was a tedious task, with a lot of reference search and cross-checking, and many fiddly work, but I finally re-updated Zarya and Zvezda

updating Zarya was pretty straightforward, I just added simulated EVA handrails using fine wire

Zvezda proved to be the toughest so far... but I finally was able to collect enough references to re-update the module, and now, it has the following additions:

on the aft docking port area, I added EVA handrails (like what I did with Zarya) and the Ku-Band antenna latch assembly (with the part coming off from the MARSCenter version of the module), as well as the roll thruster pyramids and another thruster pyramid on the large cone area

and like the aft docking port area, I added all of the EVA handrails on the module... it was a very tedious chore, as the handrails were in small segments that have to be added one small piece at a time, but the results were worth it

also included is the zenith EVA workstation on the smaller cylinder section of the module

also, I was able to scratchbuilt the ASN-M GPS antenna via MS Paint... intended for use during ATV operations, the antenna was installed by Expedition 10 crews prior to STS-114 arrival

if there's one thing I'm very proud of this, is that I have finally been able to scratchbuilt this: the MPAC & SEED frame - installed on Zvezda post STS-108, it hosted a myriad of external experiments for many many years it was strapped outside Zvezda, until it was jettisoned during Russian EVA 38 just last year... but because it was still present during STS-134, I opted to install it...

this part has been a gray area for me for so many years, and I have to admit I felt a sense of achievement when I finally was able to deduce how that part looked like... it is made from the same fine wire I used for the EVA handrails, then put together using super glue, like the rest of the station...

also installed on the frame are the two experiment packages - the SVPI Monoblock (the white paddle-like antenna) and the TM/TC Monoblock

and finally, I added the docking cones on the zenith and nadir ports to accommodate Pirs and Poisk later on

next week, I'll be starting on the STRELA cranes and Pirs, and start adding the EVA handrails on the Shuttle-delivered modules and other parts

Amazing detail!!! If you sell the completed model, you should get at least £1000!!!!!
Old 08-08-2015, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Hans,

The level of detail is amazing. Definitively, your time and effort in researching all this external hardware on Zvezda has paid off. Not only your Russian modules but the rest of the ISS elements are beautiful. Now your ISS model can be called the "AXM-Fortezza-Hans Christian" version.
You have done an excellent job, Hans. What you just did with the Zvezda module I was planning to release it next month. Let's see. The only difference is that I need to make these parts detachable so it will be easier to change them once new hardware is being added.
Keep up the good work!
Google Adsense