PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-04-2015, 12:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news

Hi all, my wife watches the NHK Japanese news. She recorded it today and showed me a story where they briefly featured a paper model of the Hayabusa 2 probe that has been repurposed to land the asteroid Ryugu. The paper model was designed by a teacher who won the contest to name the asteroid, if I understood the news correctly. It was very detailed and well made. They also showed the printed model before it was cut out. I don't know if it is available. I had a bit of a Google search for it but could only find very simple models of the Hayabusa 2. Anyhow for what it was worth it was good promotion of our hobby.

Robert
Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2015, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Hmm, I have a detailed paper model that I found just recently saved at home. I can't remember if it was Hayabusa 1 or 2 though. I should also have links to the source that included a Japanese language blog with some rudimentary instructions. What I found was not colored so I had filed it for safe keeping. I'll try to get the links tonight and repost.

There's a lot of justifiable national pride in those spacecraft.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
Hayabusa paper model

I built the Hayabusa 1 paper model. It was not colored so I converted the PDF into JPGs and used photoshop to add the colors and textures which came out well. Picture below.

Found the Hayabusa 2 paper model but it was more like a kids model not much detail at all. Wish they come out with a detail model of the Hayabusa 2 paper model much like the first one.
Attached Thumbnails
Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-dscn1344.jpg  
Old 11-04-2015, 07:03 PM

Ah, ha, here's a link to the source I found to the Hayabusa satellite.
http://www.isas.jaxa.jp/j/enterp/missions/hayabusa/fun/papercraft.shtml

Here's is the first blog post of instructions.
http://jagamaru.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-05-09
and page two
http://jagamaru.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-05-09-1

This is a 1/25 scale model. Ghaspacer, if you've still got your colorized version - I would send you a six pack of your favorite!

The Hayabusa-II is generally VERY similar to the original. Jaxa learned from the technical difficulties they had on the first mission and added several duplicated parts included an additional antennah (most obviously). Measurements aside, I think scaling down the original and adding an duplicate would get you extremely close to representing H-II as near as my research was able to determine.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreinmann View Post
Ah, ha, here's a link to the source I found to the Hayabusa satellite.
http://www.isas.jaxa.jp/j/enterp/missions/hayabusa/fun/papercraft.shtml

Here's is the first blog post of instructions.
??????????????????????????????????????So-net???
and page two
?????????????????????????????????????So-net???

This is a 1/25 scale model. Ghaspacer, if you've still got your colorized version - I would send you a six pack of your favorite!

The Hayabusa-II is generally VERY similar to the original. Jaxa learned from the technical difficulties they had on the first mission and added several duplicated parts included an additional antennah (most obviously). Measurements aside, I think scaling down the original and adding an duplicate would get you extremely close to representing H-II as near as my research was able to determine.
I still have my color version. there are no instructions. I had to rely on the photos while trying to figure out on how to put this model together; it was a challenge to me.

I'll send it to you if you provide an email.

ZAch
Google Adsense
Old 06-23-2018, 06:09 AM

As Hayabusa2 is on its final intercept maneuvers, I thought it worth while reviving this old post. It’s too bad that the original parts file location has gone 404. Although the blogged instructions are still alive. I wonder what our policy is about publishing old parts files? While we ponder that in another topic ...

This model is Hayabusa (the first one). It is not for the novic to be sure. I did add some RCS nozzles which were not provided and I backed the solar arrays supports with card stock and yet two years of shelf life have generated a bit of drooping in the arrays.
Attached Thumbnails
Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-dfad6f20-5653-488f-ad4c-5171369530c2.jpg   Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-97ec1ce7-4a09-4dd6-aaeb-aa77392565f2.jpg   Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-0322c48d-6bee-4b6e-b842-26e25204519c.jpg   Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-f353c8c9-ed8d-4789-9ab2-838be1234707.jpg   Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-3c82d1c3-c592-4ccb-9912-65f47736770f.jpg  

Hayabusa 2 paper model on Japanese TV news-2ea0e595-5ddb-4ca3-ae50-fd67c51857e6.jpg  
Old 06-23-2018, 04:12 PM

I still have the files that I have added the colors and texture to.
Nice build on this model Scot, gluing tooth pics under the solar panel struts can keep them from drooping, it worked for me.

As far as Hayabusa 2, it's on my long list of spacecraft to design. If any one want to design a model of it, that would be nice.

Zach
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 PM

I had considered modifying this design, with your colors, myself two years ago but lacked detailed views of H2. Now there are lots of 3D views available. A “mod” sheet seems reasonable if only we had the time.