PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 11-13-2015, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
These are the Micromodels set from Matt Sparks, right? At MicromodelsUSA.com. Sort of a take off on the old "6 little ships" models. Your builds look great!
Thanks! Yes, I think it's a really neat concept the way he packages markets these models. I *think* Matt bought the original company and then produced some newer models? Regardless, service was great when I got mine.

Thank you, milenio3, and SAustin16!

I'm hoping to finally finish this sometime in the next month, going to have a bit time on my hands, and I've dragged it out way too long.

Isaac Asimov
Old 12-06-2015, 11:34 AM

Slowly but surely, a little more progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-picture-830.jpg   Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-picture-832.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 12-06-2015, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Looking really good. I built these a few years aago, but left the LEM in the flight configuration, attached to the front of the Command Module. Always thought it would be fun to have more at the same scale - Space Station Mir, Soyus Space Lab, and of course, ISS.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Looking really good. I built these a few years aago, but left the LEM in the flight configuration, attached to the front of the Command Module. Always thought it would be fun to have more at the same scale - Space Station Mir, Soyus Space Lab, and of course, ISS.
Do you have any pictures of your build?

I think a Skylab would be awesome with these; and thinking about it, an Orion would also be fun.

Isaac Asimov
Old 06-29-2016, 08:40 PM

I'm not dead yet. . .

Still been working at it, I didn't like the simple legs in stowed position so I did a little scratch work. Once I started to cut the ladder out it didn't take long before I cut through the side and wrecked it. I've been taking some meds to take the shakiness down a few notches and thought I'd tackle new ladder. Just down to the thrusters and I think I'll call it done.
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-image.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2016, 08:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Looking good. BTW, the original Micromodels company is long gone - the publisher Geoffrey Heighway died in 1956. The name and original designs have been held and maintained by a fellow in England, who now publishes "The NEW Micromodels" that are all reprints of the originals, usually from the original plates. Matt Sparks has published a whole series of models in the same style. Some of them are based on original proposed models that Heighway never got around to, like the New Zealand Maori village models. One, the UN Building, is a finalization of the original black and white Heighway design that Kell Black completed (with a little help from me), working from a copy of the original unpublished Micromodel design.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:02 PM

Done

. . . finished, buttoned up, and ended!

This little project has tested my patience and my eyesight, and probably set some kind of record the fewest parts in the greatest amount of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-3-all-togther.jpg   Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-mercury-friendship7.jpg   Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-gemini.jpg   Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-apollo-csm.jpg   Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-apollo-lm.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 04-02-2017, 03:05 PM

And for scale:
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-2-all-together.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 04-02-2017, 03:07 PM

Meant to add this one also.
Attached Thumbnails
Micromodels 4 Little Spaceships-1-all-together.jpg