PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected

To everyone
While building the model of the MAVEN spacecraft - which was my first design - I found a major mistake that the outer part of the rear solar panels
did not match with the front side solar panels.

For those who downloaded the model and couldn't fit the back and front panels together properly, I am deeply sorry for this.

I've corrected this mistake, made some improvements to some of the graphics
on other parts.

I just uploaded the new parts file with directions on the download section,
hopefully, it will be approved.

Again, I apologize for this.

ZAch
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2016, 04:56 PM

Hello everyone.

I figured out how to replace the original parts file with the new one
that contains the new corrected solar panels.
It's now in the MAVEN Spacecraft in the downloads section.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Just wanted to ping the thread with images of my MAVEN. I enjoyed the build! Thanks Zach. I neglected to read the instructions assembling the PV arrays correctly and glued the internal support to the wrong side. Opps, but no worries it holds up very well. I created a cardstock base that actually works really well. I'm hopeful that the instrument boom holds up. I wonder if I should have added additional support. Time will tell.

I opted not to use gloss paper for this build. Maybe on the next one.

Oh, and can you believe it, I just noticed that I broke off one of the motors. Have to go on the list for reprint.
Attached Thumbnails
MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2882.jpg   MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2886.jpg   MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2888.jpg   MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2889.jpg   MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2890.jpg  

Old 07-26-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreinmann View Post
Just wanted to ping the thread with images of my MAVEN. I enjoyed the build! Thanks Zach. I neglected to read the instructions assembling the PV arrays correctly and glued the internal support to the wrong side. Opps, but no worries it holds up very well. I created a cardstock base that actually works really well. I'm hopeful that the instrument boom holds up. I wonder if I should have added additional support. Time will tell.

I opted not to use gloss paper for this build. Maybe on the next one.

Oh, and can you believe it, I just noticed that I broke off one of the motors. Have to go on the list for reprint.
Nice Job building your Maven model! Very clean. What did you use for the two antennas?
This is my first time seeing one of my models after its been built by someone else.

Currently working on Osiris-Rex and CYGNSS Satellite.

Zach
Old 07-26-2016, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Thank Zach, glad you like it. I bought a couple 3' lengths of steel wire called "Music Wire" at my local shop. A couple .3mm, .5mm, and one .7mm rod came in handy when I built Tiros and especially on my Explorer H (IMP-8). Dead straight and strong without any droop.

I used the .3mm rod for the MAVEN's antenna and without any references for the length I best guessed it off your instructions and came up with 4" in scale or 254cm in real life.
Attached Thumbnails
MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-portside.jpg   MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2894.jpg   MAVEN spacecraft parts Corrected-img_2897.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
panels, parts, mistake, maven, front, solar, corrected, model, spacecraft, deeply, made, improvements, graphics, approved, zach, apologize, file, directions, download, section, uploaded, downloaded, found, major, outer