PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
I'm trying to put the model IN the classroom - not the classroom in the model. It ain't the size ... never mind.

Yogi (feelin' small)
Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Being a member of the NAR I see a cluster, 10,9,8,7, etc, launch. Nice build.:DRick
Old 06-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercut View Post
Being a member of the NAR I see a cluster, 10,9,8,7, etc, launch. Nice build.:DRick
Cheers Rick !
Old 06-16-2009, 06:51 PM

Hey Pete!

Cool rocket! I built Ton's Saturn V 3 years ago. It has held the test of time. The Saturn V and its Apollo payload is one of man's greatest achievments EVER!

I also thought about building it in 1/48 scale, and I was planning to mount it in stages on a large wall in the basement. With lights and placards!

Insane, I know....

Ken
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
Hey Pete!

Cool rocket! I built Ton's Saturn V 3 years ago. It has held the test of time. The Saturn V and its Apollo payload is one of man's greatest achievments EVER!

I also thought about building it in 1/48 scale, and I was planning to mount it in stages on a large wall in the basement. With lights and placards!

Insane, I know....

Ken
Thanks Ken. Mine still stands in a cabinet and still looks fine. I was thinking of 1:48 but the wife doesn't like the idea of a hole in the ceiling :D Now mounted on a wall horizontal mode... umm Bye the way your idea is very very far from insane.... GO FOR IT ! :D watching the F1's light up still gives me a very big buzz
Attached Thumbnails
The Saturn V Project-486px-s-ic_engines_and_von_braun.jpg   The Saturn V Project-800px-saturn_v_rocket_booster.jpg   The Saturn V Project-400px-viking_5c_rocketengine.jpg  

Last edited by peter taft; 06-17-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added
Google Adsense
Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 PM

Pete,

The center picture in your last post shows the business end of the Saturn V. I have actually stood in the very spot where that picture was taken. It is truly a remarkable site! HUGE! The rocket you see in that picture used to be sitting outside in the weather next to the Vehicle Assembly Building. Thankfully, someone woke up and realized that this masterpiece needed to be preserved.... hence the Saturn Display building (museum) was constructed. If you ever get to the Cape, it is a must see!!!

Ken
Old 06-17-2009, 08:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.90 GB
Wonderful job on the Sat V. Ton does EXCELLENT work. I built his 1:96 scale Sat V But I used Greelt's F1 and J2 1:48 scale engines printed
at half scale. Made for a beautiful and detaled Sat V. I'm in the process of making a display case for it, then (as I have no room to store it) I'm donating it to the local childrens library.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:22 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
Pete,

The center picture in your last post shows the business end of the Saturn V. I have actually stood in the very spot where that picture was taken. It is truly a remarkable site! HUGE! The rocket you see in that picture used to be sitting outside in the weather next to the Vehicle Assembly Building. Thankfully, someone woke up and realized that this masterpiece needed to be preserved.... hence the Saturn Display building (museum) was constructed. If you ever get to the Cape, it is a must see!!!

Ken
Now you are really teasing me Ken, i would love to stand where you stood my friend, but alass i know i will never get to do that :( unless i win the lottery :D
Old 06-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennder View Post
Wonderful job on the Sat V. Ton does EXCELLENT work. I built his 1:96 scale Sat V But I used Greelt's F1 and J2 1:48 scale engines printed
at half scale. Made for a beautiful and detaled Sat V. I'm in the process of making a display case for it, then (as I have no room to store it) I'm donating it to the local childrens library.
Thanks friend. I wish i'd made the Greelt's F1's and J2's for her, but i was new to this form of model making at the time and didn't know how to resize things, so i stuck with what i had. Ton's stuff is brilliant, i have made 3 of his and they all turned out well ! if i can get the pics done i will post them
Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 AM

I was recently at the science museum in Oklahoma City, where they have F-1 and J-2 engines on display. You ought to go there if you ever find yourself in OKC with some time on your hands. It's too bad my camera decided to lose battery power just as I arrived. LOL

Currently working on: ISS
Google Adsense

Tags
apollo, nasa, saturnv, space