PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-11-2009, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Beautiful work! Would love to build this one and display it with the Delta II kit I have somewhere on my harddrive...

[email protected]
Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Yah Joe, looking at it I see your point. I'll probably leave both options on the sheet.

Avery, I can post the plans as is, but I haven't even started working on directions. Not sure how the solar array folds for launch - the posted pictures don't seem to show any evidence of hinges (may rotate?).

Yogi

Note - picture of satellite upload into the shroud shows it launches as it flies - no folding apparent.

Last edited by Retired_for_now; 12-12-2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: new info
Old 12-12-2009, 12:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
I would definitely suggest leaving the tubes as an option as well. Despite my clumsy fingers, I will most likely roll the tubes when I build it myself.
And thank you so much for posting the daVinci robot. I'm hoping to get my schedule cleared in the next few days to attempt it. I'm looking at doing some (limited) articulation of the arms, too, so I'll post pics when I get there.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Eternal Member

Not space-definitely Aero - CV-22

Still working on a repaint of Paragon's MV-22 to the CV-22 configuration. Pencil in hand, it's taking a while (and lot's of prototypes - more for the classroom ceiling I guess).

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-pc190012.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-pc190011.jpg

Most of the work is on the nose detail bits (radome, AR probe, etc.). Obviously the part where CAD would be most useful - ah well, it's a hobby right?

Yogi
Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Eternal Member

Filling in the gaps - flying robots

Got a copy of the MQ-1 Predator (Paper Replika), but that seems to be about it for the UAV fleet. So, trying to fill a few more gaps with:

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-pc190009.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-pc190007.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-pc190008.jpg

The GLOBAL HAKO (I mean Hawk). It's so danged square it just didn't seem worth the effort to work out a bunch of tubes, conics, and domes. 1:100 scale fit check article pictured, RQ-4 block 20. Now it's back to the screen for a couple of tweaks, paint and a few details (I think I can handle all six parts).

Yogi
Google Adsense
Old 12-19-2009, 05:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to SEBRET
I built the Predator from Replika and I was thoroughly impressed. I kinda like that Global Hawk.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
I apologize for moving off the subject for a moment:
I thought of this again when I saw your WISE model for some reason. In case you ever come to a point where you're wondering which other space probes to model, you should consider COBE, the Cosmic Background Explorer. A very interesting craft, and one that marked an important turning point in science: the beginnings of cosmology as real-world experiment instead of simple conjecture.
I have never yet seen a model of it, and it seems like the kind of conversation piece needed when you want to explain science's successes. It's certainly one of the most famous!
Carry on! :D
Attached Thumbnails
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-738px-cobediagram.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Eternal Member

Not off subject J - this thread is kind of a catch-all for my projects, comments on same, requests, future directions, etc. Nothing is off-limits (after 28 years in tac airlift and SOF I've a pretty thick hide).

As a matter of fact, I already have a directory set up with a few random photos and notes on COBE. Much more work to do (like finishing the Indian and Chinese moon probes). WISE was a target of opportunity since I actually noticed it before it launched - and the WISE-is-a-box model was a pretty good start, basically a six-view scaled drawing. Just forwarded the instructions/kit to Berkeley to see if they want to offer it along side the box model (like the MESSENGER site).

Yogi
Old 12-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Eternal Member

A little bit of fiddlin'

Working on a few new projects - interspersed with production for the next teacher workshop. So far, I figure I'll use various Hako robots (and the Silent Running crew) and UAVs, maybe a few spacecraft (NASA guy is coming around again so I'll see what he can use).

Meanwhile - I've done the last couple of projects at 1:24; easier design and build but most of what I've donated to the Planetarium is 1:48. So, back we go for some 50% prints.

So far:
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-mariner10-1to48.jpg
Mariner 10 "First to Mercury" at 1:48

I added some additional detail that's not on the Mariner 10 uploaded here. That's the next project - to revise the simple Mariner 10 to include the rest of its instrument package and improve the structural detail on the HGA, solar panels, and magnetometer brackets.

Yogi

And WISE downsized to 1-48 for the display.
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-pc290041.jpg

Last edited by Retired_for_now; 12-30-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Add in 1-48 WISE
Old 01-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Eternal Member

Projects in work

Continuing to flesh out significant space probes that are not available (popular?). This is the plain paper test article to check the graphics and to look for any fit issues. Just a few sample parts (one of each "type"). So far, so good.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p1030006.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p1030010.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p1030014.jpg

And the spacecraft is __________________________?

Yogi (wind chill is 14 F/ -8 C, time to huddle indoors in Florida/Lower Alabama)
Google Adsense