PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Surfduke,
Thanks for the encouragement. Still plodding along building the rocket garden(s) ... I need to get some more pictures up. A couple more FG airplanes done (clears the head between rockets); still two Vostoks and a Soyuz to finish to bring me up to Saturn Vs (one complete) and beyond (Shuttle, Long March, ARES/Direct/Shuttle Cargo Pod??). I should have at least one done by mid-month ...

Yogi
Keep Plodding & Posting!

Surfduke
Old 08-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Just a little progress ...

Finally, more pix for y'all ...

Did up Leo's early Vostok in 1:200, then a few Soyuz all in 20lb bond paper. Big building mistake as the two builds are similar enough to become a grind as they run together (and I absolutely refuse to roll 20 tiny little rocket nozzle cones for each). Had to take a break with some airplanes.

Leo's Vostok/MARS Center Soyuz/Landsbergen (simple)/and Ton's Soyuz (I think I'll just do another simple Landsbergen Soyuz for the fourth set - and two more Vostoks cut out and ready to assemble ...)
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8020467.jpg

Did a FG MiG-15 to pair up with the F-86, then gave Mamecraft's F-35 a go - which required an F-22 (Fiddler's Green) to pair with it.
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8020458.jpg
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8020460.jpg
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8020464.jpg

Finally got to the Saturn V (card stock! Yeah!!). Ton's but just the outer tubes and first stage nozzles.
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8020455.jpg

Had to take another break - so a FG MiG-29.

Yogi (Shuttles - AXM and D-7/FG next, then some Long Marches)
Old 08-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Eternal Member

and the MiG ...

FG MiG-29
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8020456.jpg
Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Eternal Member

Sprouts in the Rocket Garden

Finished up the first STS (D7/FG Shuttle and Falorni stack from LHVCC) and one Long March (U-Don). So, barring a choice of ARES V / Direct / Cargo Shuttle heavy lifter I have a set of manned launchers at 1:200. Yes, I didn't do a separate Voskhod - at this scale it is just a Vostok with two more guys stacked inside. Also leaves out the Buran and N-1, neither flew manned however.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8060455.jpg

Next up is a simple base from MDF, sized to fit inside a standard office filing box for storage or transport. Well, actually next up is finishing three more sets (2 Vostok, 3 Saturn V, 3 Shuttle, 3 Long March, 1 ARES I to go ...).

Yogi
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Looks fantastic, quite the collection there! Still plugging away at Centaur/Atlas...one of these days soon probably.

[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 08-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Eternal Member

You'll get there Avery. I have control of my schedule for the first time in decades - so can piddle away at whatever I like (provided she who rules the roost hasn't submitted tasking, of course). You're designing (and building) at a much higher level of detail and fidelity than I.

Yogi (one more Vostok done, but easily distracted - see below)

Iteration one for Atomsk:
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8100455.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8100456.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8100458.jpg
Old 08-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Eternal Member

First Rocket Garden Display

Finished up the base for one rocket garden. It's just a 10x14 piece of 1/2 inch mdf (sized to fit in a standard office file box). Not much extra room so there're no diorama elements - any thoughts on how to add some?

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8150460.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8150457.jpg

I will be adding a 1:200 school bus to give the kids an immediate feel for the scale (thanks to Jon Leslie for the idea). The "structures" at the sides are handles to lift the display in/out of its storage box. I haven't attached them yet, still considering the visuals.

I passed all the airplane models on to a local school teacher. Did another one for the next delivery - I think (was the movie G-rated?).
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p8150462.jpg

Yogi
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Very interesting material, sir.

My father and I built a Bolger/Payson instant boat, the Gypsy design. It's still serving after 20 years. We've used it under sail and electric power.

Wyvern
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Eternal Member

Wyvern,
Built a Gypsy also in '95 - sail only. It was doing fine until Hurricane Ivan in 2004 - sailed across the road and into the woods (storm surge, not wind). A bit beyond its seakeeping abilities.
Gypsy is a beautiful design - straightforward to build with just the right curves.
Yogi
Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
My father is currently building a Pete Stevenson design, the Pocket cruiser. But he initially considered some Bolger designs keeps talking about them. I'm also interested in boat building and the Gyspy one of the designs I keep mentally "bookmarked" for future reference. It certainly is a very attractive design and seems to be well liked by builders.

[email protected]
Google Adsense