PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > > >

Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 22.74 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
... be sure to take time and do other things.
The risk of burnout is there. Don't focus on this exclusively. ...
Don't worry Elliott! There's a reason for I took so much time to arrive at this point... I've a LOT of other things to do and the time to spend with my beloved models is always too short.

I only hope when eventuallly retirement time will come I'll still have good sight and still hands to finish all the work I have in the "to do"list
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 22.74 MB
OK people, the inside is almost finished. I've just some more little bits I still want to put inside my cabin before declaring it finished. Here are first two:

1) Laptops: in all mission photos you always see plenty of laptops laying around in any free spot available. I've choosen a photo where the screen is reasonably square (photo taken at a low angle) and used it to obtain a perfect copy of the actual STS134 desktop.
I also wanted to add a blue screen freezed PC (being Microsoft stuff I'm sure it happened sometimes... )

2) Timers: you see a lot of them attached to every surface around the cabin. The astronauts were very concerned about timetables if they was counting seconds all the time. This is a very little thing in 1:16. I've found a photo showing the exact model they used and draw it carefully. I printed the LCD on a separate glossy sheet but I'm sure the difference will not be noted...

...for the very last internal detail I need to first tell you a story because this little bit involves a personal memory and I want to explain why I choose the STS134 and not another mission... but I'll tell you next time, as soon as I'll have builded it.
Attached Thumbnails
1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-laptop.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-screenshot-2018-04-21-00.06.05.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08783.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08795.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-timer1.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-timer2.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-timer3.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-screenshot-2018-04-21-00.05.11.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08784.jpg   1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-dsc08786.jpg  

1:16 Space Shuttle flight deck-41vpwbkb8pl.jpg  
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.78 MB
Such background stories are always exciting, but don't keep us in suspense ...

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)