PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-04-2018, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 114.28 MB
1:16 Space Shuttle Flight Deck Interior Completed!

Dear Tonino,
I agree with 'beckychestney' - I am also s p e e c h l e s s!

This degree of dedication to a modeling project and the level of minute detailing transcends a normal 'interest' in a subject. This absolutely magnificent modeling art can only be described as PASSION or LOVE!

You have indeed made a remarkable job of the flight deck interior, and it has been a thrilling trip to follow you on this thread. I have saved ALL of your photos (which are also magnificent!) in a special file, and I hope to incorporate (at least some of) the interior in my for ever-ongoing Atlantis 1:32 scale space shuttle build, some day in the future!

All the very best from Sweden, Bengt

Last edited by Bengt F; 06-04-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: slight sp. error
Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.04 MB
Thanks friends! The thing I'm really proud of is to be part of such a great modellers community. Your appreciation is the best gratification for me.

@Becky: Excuse me if I seemed to ignore your gracious presence in this thread. Every post from a nice girl count as double to me (although I'm proud citizen of the Ancient Republic of San Marino in my veins runs Italian blood, after all, so I'm pretty sensible to feminine charm), and so my pleasure for every post from you is also doubled.

@Bengt: I'm really touched by your words. Thanks friend. In past years I reduced my modeling activity for a chronic lack of time, but I enhanced a lot the quality of my personal involvement in every build I make. I choose everytime subjects that have some kind of link with my personal story and I try to study, investigate, research anything I can about the real thing to feel as much involved as I can with the build I'm realizing. I build less but I enjoy the whole process very much.
BTW if you arrive to the point where you need to place your hands on your 1:32 Atlantis and I will not have already published my work in a useable form please let me know and I'll give you all you need to realize your flight deck.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hi Tonino,

I've reported about your great project in ARC Forums and posted a few of your pictures, ia. that with the laptops. One had asked if the middle laptop's screen shows a BSOD? That could be, right?

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 12-22-2018, 03:28 AM

Hi Manfred... sorry for not having seen your post before... lately I'm a little absent from here, very sorry for this.

Coming to your question the answer is YES! I initially planned to put 2 or 3 of those laptops around the cabin (then I switched to 1 only to not hide the work done with the panels) and, considering they use Microsoft stuff as OS I concluded they MUST have had some blue screen sooner or later. Is impossible they hadn't one. So I - wickedly - wanted to add one in my model. If someone wants to use those little laptops I would be glad to provide them. Let me know.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Wow! You have delivered stunningly good work here!
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2020, 09:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 918.7 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonino View Post
Hi all.
I want to share with you my new idea. It's a very complex and ambitious project and, most likely, will keep my attention for a long time, but now that I have started working on it I cannot think about placing my hands on any other model...

So, where it all started?
Some days ago I saw in a polish blog a photo depicting a shuttle cockpit paper model very detailed. I asked around and, thanks to my friend Nando (that you should know well if you are reading this!), I found the original model files posted in Yahoo group Paper Space Models.
Hi I searched the files of this model on the Group but I was unable to find them, could you send them to me? Thank you
Old 09-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn V View Post
Hi I searched the files of this model on the Group but I was unable to find them, could you send them to me? Thank you
Hi Saturn V. I answered you with a PM.

The model is still unpublished. Sorry. I hope it will be - sooner or later - but only when it will be completed with the outer fuselage wall.

It's a very long time project, I'm afraid.