PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.82 MB
Your site has some really nice looking models. Is there any way to make it so people can download something other than a .zipx file? I have a MAC and it doesn't come with anything that will open this kind of compression (and I would rather not install another decompression program). Just being able to download the pdfs directly sure would be nice. Either way, thanks for making these models available!
Old 01-04-2017, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum10fishy View Post
Your site has some really nice looking models. Is there any way to make it so people can download something other than a .zipx file? I have a MAC and it doesn't come with anything that will open this kind of compression (and I would rather not install another decompression program). Just being able to download the pdfs directly sure would be nice. Either way, thanks for making these models available!
I thought that MACs can open .zipx files.

The .zipx are winzip files, each one has two PDFs in it, the parts and the instructions. I would have to create a link for each one for most of the models on the website - some downloads are in PDF format.

Can you open a .zip file? I removed the x from the file extension and was able to open it with the same program, this may work for you on your MAC.

I could email you the models you like, but some email services require the the files be in .zip format - but it does not hurt to try.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.82 MB
Hmm... Maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll look a bit more into it. Thanks for the offer of e-mailing them but I can figure it out somehow. Right now I'm drowning in unbuilt models but I'll get to them eventually. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2017, 08:10 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
What a great resource!

Some excellent historic pieces that will be a boon for teaching and sharing.

Thanks for forwarding it to us!
Old 01-08-2017, 06:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Zach! I'm so glad I found your website! I built your OSIRIS-REX model to go with AXM's Atlas V and it just looks fantastic! Possibly my favorite model so far (my collection is admittedly small...).
Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2017, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.07 GB
Telstar

I've nearly finished the Telstar-1 satellite and it is coming together well. Just 1 problem - each loop of the upper aerial should only go 3/4 of the way around, not a full circle. Very easy to fix. I'm replacing the aerial with wire. I'll post photos when I've finished and also show what's needed to fix the aerial problem.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
I had serious problems with the antenna. If this is correct, I'll rebuild mine.

Les (The Voice of Authority)
Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Great find and nice add to the collection of space models. This is really great. wc
Old 06-26-2017, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
Thanks for pointing this out, I could have been reading the photos I've found wrong, some of them were not in good quality or the proper angles I needed for proper viewing.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.07 GB
Here's the image I was going off. I've traced the aerials around in different colours. There are others, illustrations rather than photos, but they agree with the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
New Spacecraft Paper Model Website-telemetry.jpg  
Google Adsense