PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-20-2017, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
NigeriaSAT-X

Greetings Satellite Enthusiasts!

You'd think that a simple model with lots of resources would be quicker to design and build than a complex model with almost no resources. But no, I end up rechecking and cross-checking and double-guessing and four prototypes later I'm just chomping at the bit to publish already. And so, I present NigeriaSAT-X (NX).

NX was launched in 2011 along with several other microsatellites including NigeriaSAT-2 (which is what drew my interest). NX's mission was to augment and supplement the growing constellation of similar spacecraft and their role of Disaster Management through high-resolution before and after images of the Earth. NX's primary instrument therefore is a 6 camera imager capable of 22m resolution and swath images.

My build is in 1:25 scale to match the common scale of my growing fleet and a 1:15 scale to add to the outreach program shared by member Media Classroom. the 1:15 scale build also includes some interesting tidbits about the satellite, photos of the engineers, and some experiments to help kids visualize and participate in this technology.

I've recently submitted the upload request to the forum and I hope you'll enjoy your build!
Attached Thumbnails
NigeriaSAT-X-nigeriasat-x-nigerian-engineers.jpg   NigeriaSAT-X-oyvznqr.jpg   NigeriaSAT-X-nuyvndv.jpg   NigeriaSAT-X-1xbyyoc.jpg   NigeriaSAT-X-oprt6jo.jpg  

NigeriaSAT-X-cmgxdpd.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-21-2017, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
Can't wait the add this to my collection, I built your NigeriaSAT-2 model and it came out great.