PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
When I show people some examples of what can be done with paper and cardboard, they all seem to be totally amazed. Most have never heard of card modeling. I've seen these pics before, but for some reason I didn't realize you did built the models.

Nice job!

Ken

Actually, My company got the 3rd largest contract we ever got because of one of my paper models. We had a small contract to build a communication box for a customer and they said they wanted it about the size of the Ipod. We build a prototype and it fit in a 10"x10"x10" box to show we could do the functionality but we were all dumbfounded how to get it smaller.

We were all laughing about it as the cable that runs the communications is about 2" thick with about 100 wires in it and has a massive custom 100-pin round connector on it. Anyway, I made up a fantasy "Ipod" box with the connectors going in and out of the "ipod" to show how silly it was with these massive 3" wide (and 2" thick) connector headers in it. Well the customer got hold of the model, and has now contracted us to build to fit in my paper box...

Life imitates art...
Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
Life imitates art...
Either that, or you've got the makings of a "Dilbert" cartoon there....
Old 03-15-2023, 04:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.18 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post
Thank you, Gentlemen, for those very kind comments.

Volunteer once, just once, and see what happens!! :D

I'm in the process of reworking the models back down to 1/144 for release to the public, but I don't have time to do a beta build of the J-246 upper stage section. I remember that there was a problem in the transition from the top of the payload fairing to the nosecone, but I don't remember exactly what I did to rectify it. Which is why I would rather have someone else do a beta build.

Anyone willing? LOL

David: Any chance of you throwing together a really simplified, low-detail version of an Orbiter at 1/144 for another project I have working?

If this offer is still valid after 14 years, I would love to try the test build. Oh, I LOVE the Direct V3.0 Jupiter rackets, so that would be honor for me!

Simon