PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-30-2017, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.34 GB
Delta 2 Card Model

Does anyone know of a model of the Delta 2 launch vehicle for the Stardust mission ? I have found some Delta 2's but not for Stardust.

Thanks
Google Adsense
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 509.67 MB
Hello,

The Delta-IIs you have found are most probably those of Erik te Groen - he designed and distributed several models like that, related to one interplanetary mission, but Stardust is not on the list.
A solution might be redecorating an existing model (generic or specific) with the right markings, but that requires some work and the authorization of the original designer.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahMarjeev View Post
A solution might be redecorating an existing model (generic or specific) with the right markings, but that requires some work and the authorization of the original designer.
This only is important when you want to publish and/or share the remodeled version. It is not important when you just make the modification for yourself.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Ha ! Delta rockets !
Always a nice topic ;-)

I just checked my drawings, and yes, I once was working one that version. Back then (2007..............) I was making a new logo, since the one that was used
on the rocket was different from the one that I could find on the net.
Just ONE...... Now, I have a few more, including close-ups of the rocket and the logo, so now I can continue working on the new logo.
This type of rocket (7426) is not a very common one, but most of the large parts are standard, so I think I can make this model from existing parts, rather quickly.

I'll try to get it finished, soon, but as usual, I am always working on several models at the same time. And I have a day job, too.

If you are interested, I can spend some more time on this model.

______
Erik.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.34 GB
Hello Erik,

Yes I am interested indeed. That would look great next to the Stardust model of the spacecraft. What was different about the 7426 version of the Delta ? Thanks...

Bob
Google Adsense
Old 04-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Bob,

After a quick check it seems there are not a lot of differences. Nothing you will notice on the paper model, apart from the four boosters.
The number 6 indicates a certain kind of third stage motor, but that is an internal thing, so it does not affect the exterior.
I am working on the Stardust logo, right now. As usual, a very large part of the logo I found on the net has to be redrawn.

Fortunately for me, the logo will be so small, on the model, that small flaws will simply disappear ! ;-)

Everything will be A-OK !! ;-)

______
Erik