PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-01-2017, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.31 MB
Duh, guess if I had bothered to count to 6 I would have figured out you had the third stage covered. I did the same thing when I built mine a few years ago, it requires a little improvising but in the end it came out great. Looking forward to seeing how you make it work.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleclaw4935 View Post
I am possibly considering this project as a winter build, but instead of using the provided SIV-B im going to incorperate the Apollo 8 one that i purchased several years ago from TVC-15.
I've considered this also but I'd still like to use MRM's CSM & LUT. But I don't know if my skills are up to making everything fit together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckychestney View Post
I wish everybody luck who takes on this build! I got through the first stage and when it kept getting damaged because I didn't have anywhere safe to store it I gave up! I saved the thrust structure though!
That looks awesome!

Isaac Asimov
Old 08-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
I've considered this also but I'd still like to use MRM's CSM & LUT. But I don't know if my skills are up to making everything fit together.

That looks awesome!
Thanks! It WAS until it ended up with a hole in it's side! Oh well. I cut it off just above the fins and now I keep that on top of a bookshelf.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:31 PM

Here are the six J-2's, minus the start tanks. I'll have to go shopping for some beads.

I didn't think about until just now; but I haven't printed out the second stage parts yet, which I've been printing out at my wife's shop, and she has just left this afternoon with her employees for their "girls" weekend trip.

I do have Alfonso's Orion, so maybe I'll play with that this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3384.jpg   Greelt's (& company) Saturn V-img_3385.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 08-19-2017, 12:15 PM

And off to see the Eclipse! I guess I'll be finding out just how bad the traffic will get first hand.

Isaac Asimov
Google Adsense
Old 08-19-2017, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
I'm lucky enough to live in it's path. I'm just going to get a blanket and lay out in the backyard.

Really nice work on those engines!
Old 08-19-2017, 02:48 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Those engines look amazing!!!

As far as the eclipse goes, it'll be 98% where I live, close enough. I may even partake in an adult beverage while watching. Make a real party out of it.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
I plan to turn on my desk lamp...
Old 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM

Sorry you didn't get to experience it Becky, I'm not trying to rub it in, but it was incredible! I truly lack the ability to describe it.

My wife and I traveled up to West Yellowstone and did a quick trip through the upper loop of Yellowstone and saw some of the treasures there, then early yesterday morning drove down to Rexsburg Idaho almost in the center of the path of totality. We found an almost ideal unobstructed spot on a hillside that even gave us a good view of the valley.This was my third eclipse but my first totality. With an almost cloudless sky, when the sun was completely covered the darkness was surreal, even a few stars were visible!

The drive home was an adventure in itself, one that everyone probably would have given up. Bumper to bumper traffic for over two hundred miles. What took us under three hours to drive on the way up took us nine and half hours to get back home. We knew it was part of the experience though, so can't complain much. Every time the view of the highway opened up, it was quite the sight, nothing but cars as far as you could see.

Isaac Asimov
Old 08-22-2017, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
As far as the eclipse goes, it'll be 98% where I live, close enough.
Not to hijack the thread, but... I drove to Sweetwater, TN to see the eclipse, and I have to say that even 99.9% is not enough. 100% was a whole different experience, and I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone who cares should make every effort to get to see the next one.

Also, great job on the engines, looking forward to seeing the rest of the beast!
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Google Adsense