PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-30-2019, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 203.83 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
I hope you have gotten permission from the designer/publisher allowing you to distribute this model.

If you cannot provide said permission, then you cannot share the model, and you will be branded a pirate and banned from the forum

Rick

Rick,

Question :

If someone "provides permission", especially for models obtained years ago or from "no longer available" sources, how would the veracity of said authorization be verifiable?

Dave F.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:08 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2cdave View Post
Rick,

Question :

If someone "provides permission", especially for models obtained years ago or from "no longer available" sources, how would the veracity of said authorization be verifiable?

Dave F.
Dave,

Some designers might include their email on the kit, one could email them and ask(simplest answer) and you could always use the wayback machine to get that email and then email.
If you have emailed the designer, and they haven't responded, or respond in the negative, you haven't received permission, and don't use this as an excuse to share.

Your mileage might vary, but I would suggest erring on the side of caution.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 03-30-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Dave,

Some designers might include their email on the kit, one could email them and ask(simplest answer) and you could always use the wayback machine to get that email and then email.
If you have emailed the designer, and they haven't responded, or respond in the negative, you haven't received permission, and don't use this as an excuse to share.

Your mileage might vary, but I would suggest erring on the side of caution.

Rick

Rick,

My point is that someone could easily supply a phony document giving them "permission". In the case of older models, this could be impossible to confirm or deny.

Dave F.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:11 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
that is a lot of work for something simple
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 03-30-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
that is a lot of work for something simple

Not really . . . Easily done in a few minutes. Definitely "worth it", if someone is selling items.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
an update

Dear all

A number of things have meant that I have not been able to work on the model over the last few months. One reason is not having access to the model whilst it has been on show at various times. Of course the 50th Anniversary has proved popular.

A little addition I did make is that the "landed" lunar module now has an actual lunar surface it sit on, into which that USA flag is actually "planted". Here it is

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc11258.jpg

The new stand has also been in use and I think it really really adds to the model. Here are some shots

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13328.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13331.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13332.jpg
1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc11248.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc11249.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc11252.jpg

Actually during this period I sometimes wondered if I ever wanted to actually finish the model. This got me thinking about the fact that another model I made and put with the Saturn V always caused a great deal of interest. It was this model of the moon

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13342.jpg

It is an enlarged version (150%) of Ken West's model, which was available for free on Ecardmodels before the rebuild. It has not reappeared since the rebuild but hopefully it will be available again in due course.

So I thought I would start a new project with this in mind, which is what I did. I will put how it goes it in a new thread.

Finally, for the Saturn V, I should be able to start to complete it over the next couple of days!

Regards

Kevin
Old 10-15-2019, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Wow,that's a big moon.Hopefully it will pop up on ecards again.

That's a huge rocket too and on great display.This is school somewhere?
Old 10-27-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Wow,that's a big moon.Hopefully it will pop up on ecards again.

That's a huge rocket too and on great display.This is school somewhere?
Thanks you for your nice comments.

Actually the venue in the photos is part of a university. I was asked if I could put on a celebration of the the 50th anniversary of the first manned moon landing and that "space" was used. It was a totally free event for the public

Regards

Kevin
Old 10-27-2019, 10:37 AM

Back to 1/24 stage 2

Dear all

At last I am able to tell you that I have been able to make more progress on the 1/24 model

Just to recap I am finishing off the 1/24 model from the ground up. Stage 1 and interstage (1-2) are finished.

For stage 2 the side tubs and "diamond parts" of the LH2 line feed fairings (x5) need making and attaching. The LH2 re-circulation line fairing needs making. The LH2 fill and drain fairing needs making. The LOX vent fairing need making.

So first up are the "diamond parts" (does anyone know what these were for on the real Saturn V?)

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190323_212651.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190324_074725.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190324_075425.jpg

Next each of the main LH2 line feed fairings has a smaller fairing attached to them (again I am not sure what they did on the real rocket). The method of construction was as I used with the larger fairings. Here they are getting made

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190324_102259.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190324_200507.jpg

At this point they should be attached to the main LH2 fairings. However I am not happy with the "pointed ends" of the main fairings. I want to come up with a way of making these "sharper" and stronger. So need to do that first

Whilst considering the above I pressed on with the LH2 re circulation fairing. Again made in a similar manner to previous fairings as before (as shown below)

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190324_192612.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190324_200831.jpg

This fairing will be attached to thee body of the rocket using the magnetic paper method

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-img_20190325_072724.jpg

So next time hope to give solution to "point issue" as well as completing the fairings for stage 2

Regards

Kevin
Old 11-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Yet more on 1/24 stage 2

Dear all

So I have managed to do some more on stage two finishing parts.

First for this post is the LOX venting fairing. Here is the part being made

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13423.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13424.jpg

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13425.jpg

And then the magnetic paper connection parts and the compete fairing

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13428.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13429.jpg

I gave it the "fridge test" afterwards

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13430.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13431.jpg

Next was the LH2 fill and drain fairing. Here is a photo of the real thing

Source is heroicrelics.com heroicrelics.org: Relics of the Heroic Age of Manned Space Flight

Here is the corresponding part in the model

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13432.jpg

The long "arrow head arms" form the side of the part. However, because they are straight line edges I do not see how they can form the sides of the LH2 fill and drain fairing and also "flare out" from the face of the part. I think this requires them to have curved edges. However I may well have misunderstood the part. However I could only make it look like this

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13433.jpg

The way I have made it, it is not ideal but is the best I can do. However there is an issue in that the part is now "curved" from the top to the bottom of the vent. I hoped that this could be accommodated by the addition of the magnetic paper and "some" flexibility in the paper. So I added the magnetic paper and then gave it the fridge test. Here are the results

1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13434.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13435.jpg 1/24 Apollo/Saturn V (enlarged 1/48 Greelt et al version)-sdc13436.jpg

Fortunately it passes the fridge test and all in all given everything I am happy with the end result.

So I think that just leaves the LH2 line feed fairs to complete and add all the different ferrous paper to the body of stage 2 and then it will be complete

Regards

Kevin

Tags
apollo, moon, rocket, saturn v